Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sweets for the Sweet!

Hello friends!  Hope you are all doing well!

Today I have a very "different" look than my usual.... but I wanted to share a card I made using the sketch over at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge.  I also wanted to use this month's release, Cupcake Single stamp.  I colored it up to match some of the cupcakes on my designer paper, which also is much bolder and brighter than I usually use, but it is fun.  The paper has shine and sparkle to it in real life and I colored the image with Copics and then glittered the icing and added Glossy Accents to the sprinkles so there is quite a bit of dimension.

The design paper is SEI Happy Day and I matted with dark brown card stock.  I used a Spellbinders Cacey Circle in brown and a Lotus Blossom Pendant in white. (I haven't used that one is ages so it was fun to play with it again!)  I used just the word "Sweet" from the Baking Tag Sentiments that was also released this month at ODBD.

I am also playing in the following challenges:
 City Crafter Challenge - Shades of Pink (and a green- see website), Creative Card Crew -  Ribbon, Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes, Party Time Tuesdays -  Die Cuts, Sweet Stamps - Green, Through The Craft Room Door- Anything Goes, Vickie's Challenges -Anything Goes, 365 Cards - a daily challenge - Cake, Created With Love - Anything Goes, Creative Stamp Friends -  Spring Colors, Cupcake Craft -  Sparkle, Fashionista Challenge  Pink, Victorine Originals -  Anything Goes

This was super quick and easy today, but tomorrow I hope you'll be back to see a special project I have been working on, and a tutorial I did as well.  Hope to see you then!

hugs,

21 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun little cupcake card! No matter what style you use, your creations are always gorgeous!!

Carla S. said...

Fun card, Grace! Love the bright papers and glittery cupcake! Have a great day! Hugs!

Cathymac said...

How luscious, Grace! That sparkly icing looks so yummy and your papers, delicious! Love the die layers...SWEET! Thanks so much for joining the Shining the Light Challenge this week! Hugs!
p.s. I could stay here all day just listening to your wonderful play list!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card Grace!!Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Jenn Bedient said...

What a yummy looking card! Love the papers and image you have used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn DT

scrappingnana said...

This is a fun card, but you are right, it is not your usual style. Love the colors and the yummy looking cupcake.

Lenoria said...

I love reading your blog!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely cheerful card
Grace. Isn't it fun to go outside our comfort zone at times?
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! I just love your dp to match the image!! So perfect with the cupcake. Beautiful take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris

Ros Crawford said...

What a delicious cupcake this is ... beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Athina said...

Great colors! I love the sparkle on the cupcake! Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

Ida said...

Yum! What a "treat" this card is. It's lucious looking.

lou14 said...

Wow what a cupcake!!! Love your card. Beautiful colours and layout. Thank you for entering Creative Card Crew challenge.
Lou DT.

Unknown said...

Such a yummy creation. Such a super cute card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Such a well made card, love the die cuts you have used, great colours, the cake looks yummy *smile* Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Cards by Lady Anne


Lady Anne's Challenge

Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge

Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

Lydia said...

beautiful xxxx great colours and design xxx thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps xxx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

What a sweet cupcake! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week.
Yvonne

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors and touch of sparkle! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

having a {me} day said...

Love your sparkly card. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Anja said...

Yummie ... such a great card!
Thanks for joining us at creative Stampfriends!
Hugs Anja

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Really a sweetie, this one. Thanks for joining Fashionista Challenge. Hope to see you back soon. Hugs from Lisbeth