Wednesday, November 20, 2013

An Elegant Merry Christmas Wish!


Hello friends!  I have another Christmas card done and ready to go!  Yay!  I hope you are all getting yours ready as well, because that season is almost here!!!
 
  I had fun with this one! I used ODBD's Vintage Pattern Mini 1 and 2, stamping both on ivory card and embossing with pearl ep. I cut the bottom with the ODBD Antique Labels and Border die. I also took a piece of brushed gold and just embossed the border on the bottom. For my ornament, I stamped the ODBD Vintage Ornament and heat embossed with gold ep, cut with the ODBD Custom Circles Ornament die, then I matted it with a brushed gold mat. I heat embossed the single poinsettia flower from the Poinsettia Wreath set on to water color paper, water colored it and cut it with the Poinsettia Wreath Die. I also cut 2 pine boughs from brushed gold using the ODBD Fancy Foliage Die. I popped the ornament up on foam dimensionals, and added the sentiment from the Poinsettia Wreath set and die cut that with the Recipe Card and Tags die. I simply added some ribbon and pearls for an elegant card that looks much more complicated than it really is. :)


I am entering this in this week's "Holiday" Challenge at the Shining the Light Challenge on ODBD,  Crafty Creations -  American Thanksgiving/Christmas, Divas by Design - Pretty, Paper Shelter Challenge - Christmas, Sisterhood of Crafters  -  Embossing, Stampavie and More - Christmas,  WordArt Wednesdays -  scriptural word art freebie offered each week - Anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love hearing from you!  It really encourages me to keep trying to create inspiring samples!   Blessings to you!


21 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

This is so gorgeous with all that gold! Love the bow too!

kathi17 said...

Everything about this is so beautiful Grace.

Shirl said...

This is absolutely stunning. So beautiful.

Shirl

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is gorgeous - love all the gold shimmer from the embossing and the way you have coloured the poinsettia is fabulous!
Wonderful card
Blessings
Maxine

Kelley said...

Grace, this card kicks total butt!! WOWZERS!!!!

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful, fabulous embossing love all the sparkle this has, very elegant too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so elegant and beautiful Grace!! I adore all the gold, the embossing and the sparkle. Love the added poinsettia!! TFS!!!!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Grace, I have so enjoyed your blog for awhile now, and I just want to say that I praise the Lord for you sharing your talent with us all. God truly has gifted you with talent, and I am thankful to enjoy "basking" in your talent! Thank you, and thank our Heavenly Father for you!

Gail said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful embossing on this...it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week! --Gail

Darlene said...

Oh Grace your work is always SO GORGEOUS and this of course is no exception! LOVE what you've created here ... a beautiful work of art!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘EMBOSSING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Janine said...

Beautiful and elegant Christmas card Grace. Love the embossing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! I just love the richness of the gold and how it shimmers! And the texture and embossing and the yummy ribbon and are stunning! You continue to amaze me, precious friend! So glad you've supported the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week again…we love it and are so honored to have members of our Design Team inspire us all! Hugs, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

This is so absolutely gorgeous---a work of art. As I say, "suitable for framing"!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever stunning, just so elegant!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your cards are some of the most gorgeous I've ever seen, Grace. God has blessed you with such amazing talent, and I'm SO grateful that you share your wonderful art with us in our challenges. Have a super week, and thanks again for sharing!
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anne said...

Very pretty card. Great colours and finishing touches.
Thanks for playing along with the paper Shelter
Anne x

Micki said...

So elegant - simply beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Embossing Challenge.

Eva Gro said...

Your card is Classy and beautiful!

Thanx for joining us at The Paper Shelter
We wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back next time!

Hugs
Eva Gro
The Paper Shelter DT

Cards By MI said...

Stunning card. Great colours for Christmas and very classy design. Thanks for playing with us over at the Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Stephanie said...

Grace, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I really like all the embossing and that bow is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Jo Ann said...

Oh my, this is nothing short of fabulous! It is so elegant and all the embossing really add to the value of the card. Everything in it is perfect. I love it! So glad you blessed us with your awesome project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com