Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Clean and Simple but still Elegant!


Hello blogging friends!

Today I'm sharing something different for me, but I do like the way this came out!  I wondered if I'd like this newly released ODBD Poinsettia Wreath embossed in gold on black, so I gave it a try!  I then cut it out with the Custom Poinsettia Wreath Die, and when I put it on this ivory base, I loved it!  So from there I decided to create ivory poinsettias, so I stamped three of the single poinsettias and the bow in the set on water color paper with Versamark, and embossed in gold, and cut out with the custom die.  Then I lightly water colored with markers to give just a hint of color, and I added them to the wreath with dimensionals.  The base is black and there is a brushed gold mat.  The sentiment from the newly released Christmas Pattern Ornament set is embossed in gold directly on the card stock.  So quick.... so easy.... but I think very elegant as well.  I will add a white layer inside for my message, but this one is an easy one to make in mass.  Guess I better get busy!!!




I am entering this in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I do love knowing you were here!!!

10 comments:

Anne Fenton said...

This is an amazing Christmas card ... beautiful!! Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, has that great look of dimension without too much bulk!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Grace! It really is so elegant! Hugs!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing your truly beautiful card with us at Oldie But A Goodie..it's a real stunner!! Sarah x

Bobbi Miller said...

Oh Grace! This is stunning! I love how that embossed gold looks on the black and your lighter poinsettias really shine. Lovely card my friend. I hope you and your family are doing well. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Paula Hymel -- I aboslutely love this card! You're right... it is very elegant! Thank you so much for your inspiration and sharing your beautiful work! You are very creative!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Grace. I think christmas cards really should be simple and elegant - and you have done this so effectively. Your card is truly gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Alica said...

festive and elegant = perfect Christmas card!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and design. thank you for joining us at Artistic this week xx

Shirley said...

Warm and so elegant too! Love the images and the yellow is the perfect color. It really makes the embossed area pop!