Monday, October 12, 2015

A Sneak Peek at the Mid- Oct. ODBD Release!


Hello friends!  Today I am sharing a quick sneak peek at another new release coming from ODBD!

This card is made using a new sentiment set which I LOVE, Perfect Light.  I also used some awesome new dies: Windowsill Candles, and Merry Mosaics.  The paper is also a new release, Christmas Card Collection 2015.  In addition, I used a couple past releases: Peaceful Poinsettias DiesFancy Foliage Dies, and Vintage Labels Dies.  

I started with a cranberry card stock base, and added the layered sheet from the new paper pack, then I stamped the sentiment from Perfect Light on vanilla card stock with Memento ink and sponged with Brilliance Gold ink.  This new card collection has some pretty awesome pre-layered sheets as well as toppers and tags.   It's a new concept for ODBD and I love it!  The card topper piece actually has a different sentiment on it (which I covered with this one) and it has a cranberry frame, so I let a little show beyond my vintage label.  Anyway... I adhered my sentiment panel on the paper using dimensional foam tape, and then embellished with the Windowsill Candle die cut, which I cut from gold mirrored paper.  I cut three of the Merry Mosaic poinsettia flowers from the same gold mirrored paper, and 3 cranberry Peaceful Poinsettias and layered them together.  They are made to coordinate and do so perfectly whether you overlay them as I did here, or whether you offset them as I have done on other samples.  I added a couple flourishes from the Fancy Foliage Die set and finished off with some red pearls and tiny gold vines die cut from the Windowsill Candle die set, which I adhered to the sentiment panel.  If you look closely you'll also see some pretty little foliage in gold and cranberry tucked in to my floral spray.  That cute little die is also in the Windowsill Candle set.

I hope you'll be back on Oct. 15 to see the full release and lots of awesome inspiration from the DT!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Blessings,


7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace what a rich and elegant card - love it!! The die cuts are gorgeous, and I love that you have cut them in gold.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

I love the colors in this card, it's really pretty! I just realized that you have "Praise God only by the Cross" on your blog, I have it pinned to my board at work! Like Mother like Daughter I guess! Love ya!

Susan Lankford said...

Gorgeous card, Grace...love the sentiment and the beautiful design!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is stunning and so gorgeous! It is so rich and so beautifully arranged, and I so love the gold and the poinsettia overlays and this sweet candle die. And what a beautiful sentiment. I look forward to seeing the new release! Hugs!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous and elegant. Love the poinsettias with the gold overlays.

Becky said...

This is just stunning Grace!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is absolutely stunning Grace!! I just love all the poinsettias and your touch of metallics. Gorgeous Layout my friend!
hugs,
Chris