Monday, October 5, 2015

Glad Tidings!


Hello friends!  I hope this finds you all well! Here in NC we've had a lot of rain this past week, but we're thanking the Lord for it as it was much needed!  My heart goes out to the people who have been flooded out, had trees fall on their homes, etc. 

Today I am popping in quickly to share a card I made using the Oct. new release from ODBD.  This card is made with the new Delightful Decorations stamp set and matching Delightful Decorations Dies I was looking at one of the papers in the Christmas Paper Collection 2015, and loved the floral prints and the various shades of color in the florals, so I tried to mimic that in my ornament, which uses the same floral design.  I heat embossed the ornament in gold and then did a resist technique, sponging on various distress inks to get the multi-colored effect.  After all that, I didn't like it against that particular paper, but I did love it with this sheet of paper from the same Christmas Paper Collection 2015.  So I used that on my ivory and distress sponged base, and then layered on a Layered Lacey Square die cut from brushed gold paper.  I used more ivory, cut and embossed with the same die set, and then popped my ornament up on dimensional tape on that.  I used a pine bough from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage die set to give the ornament some place to "hang" and topped it off with a tiny ribbon.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the Delightful Decorations set, and cut it with the ODBD Custom Mini Tag dies.  

One more Christmas card done!  A long ways to go.... but I'm loving getting some done this early!
Blessings,

4 comments:

Lori m said...

Stunning card, the die cut border is gorgeous and the ornament, beautiful, love the sentiment, perfect.

Hugs, Lori m

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous, and I love the shimmer with the gold embossing and the brushed gold paper! Wow, it's an elegant layout and yet is so stunning! Beautifully done, my friend, and it is time for me to get into high gear soon on my cards this year. Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Grace - love the ornament, and the the fact you have used the resist technique to get the effect you desired - it is wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Absolutely gorgeous Grace!! I just love the ornament with the embossing resist and the colors you used!! Beautiful card my friend!
hugs,
Chris