Friday, October 23, 2015

Ready for Christmas?


Hello friends!   I hope you are all doing well!  I am amazed at how time seems to be just flying by!  If you're a card maker, you are in your super busy time right now as Christmas is just around the corner!  LOL!  I'm sharing a card made with some of the new products released by Our Daily Bread Designs that may help you get that job done faster!  ....And we all know that's a GOOD thing, right?

Today's card is made with a sentiment from the Mid-Oct. release, Perfect Light, as well as the new Windowsill Candles dies.  I used various elements of this die set to decorate my Welcoming Window Die, and I used a piece of a BoHo Background die cut as well as a tiny corner die from the Ornate Borders and Flower Die set.   

I started with a Neenah Solar White 140 lb card stock base and layered on some designer paper from the Christmas Paper Collection 2014.  I used a scrap of a second sheet from that pack for my swirly starry "outside the window" background.  I double cut and layered the window and frame, and popped them up with dimensional tape.  I stamped the sentiment with Baja Breeze ink and cut the panel, then embossed it with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder for a little texture.  I used the "back" or recessed side so my sentiment would still show up well.  I had fun decorating the window and "chair rail" with lots of the little holly leaves, sqirled leaves and pine boughs.  I also used the little bows and berries, to which I added Stickles  for a little sparkle.  A few pearls finished it off.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the window and all the greenery.

Only By His Grace said...

This beautiful Grace. Very delicate. I love the paper behind the window and the little flowers are so lovely.
Hugs Maz

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is gorgeous - so peaceful and serene
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card with this wonderful window scene! I am amazed at the fine detail with the beautiful holly leaves and berries! Wow, what patience to put this together. It's stunning! Hugs, sweet friend!

Robin said...

Just a beautiful card Grace! I love all the details, layers and your color choices!

reclaimed wood dining table said...

Oh lovely! Just beautiful. I'm so ready for Christmas!