Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!


Hello everyone!
Today when the fog lifts it's supposed to be nearly 70 degrees and sunny, and I'm ready after what seems like a week of rain!
This card was made for Sketch Challenge 220 on SCS and also for last week's Ocean's 11 Challenge to make a sky on our card. Unfortunately my sky doesn't show up well in this photo, but it's sponged with pastels, using a cloud template that I purchased from Rosie's Roadshow.
The image is from Whipper Snapper and is stamped on Georgia Pacific White with Memento Ink, then colored with Copics. I have been experimenting with my Copics. They say you need three colors in close proximity of numbers for shading, but because Copics lay down layer on layer, I have been trying to just use the same marker and go over the darker areas more times. I think it works if you can't afford to buy all the shades you need in each color family.
The sketch today was great!!! I will definitely use this one again! I used SU!'s Certainly Celery DP from last year (now discontinued but replaced with a different one). I layered my strips on GPBlack, and then on GPWhite. That all got mounted on a GPB base. The image panel is popped up on dimensionals, and has stickles added, as well as a ribbon through a slot punched hole, and a layered flower in the corner. I love these springy colors.... always a sucker for pastels!
Thanks for taking a peek at my card! Ocean's 11 gals... I'm late but I got the sky one done. I was going to emboss my panels and get the third one in too but decided to do a seperate one for challenge 3... hopefully today I'll have time to do another!
I hope everyone has a happy spring!

7 comments:

Kim said...

This is fantastic Grace! Awesome coloring job and I am SO happy it is SPRING!!!

Holly said...

Grace, this is really amazing! I haven't seen the sketch used for inspiration for this, but I think the panel idea is so wonderful! I think your use of the copics you have is quite effective, too. I haven't gotten into the Copics (yet) but with all these great samples, it's probably only a matter of time...well done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very Cute!! Great take on the challenge!! I am glad spring is on its way!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a happy energizing card! Love how it just makes you feel like Spring!

Kay said...

What a beautiful card and a very cute image. Great coloring job too. I love my Copics and love to find ways to "stretch" them so I can work with what I have rather than buying more all the time.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wowza! Love the background and your coloring is just beautiful!! Bring on Spring!

laos348 said...

Nicely done on the sketch challenge! I like how you mixed the colored together and the flowers in the corner. That is also a really cute image.