Friday, March 27, 2009

A sweetie for a sweetie


Hello everyone!
I have another card that I made last night. This was done for a challenge I do with a small group of friends on SCS. We were to make a card that reminded us of another one of the ladies in the group.
I had just received this image from sweet Peggy and just had to color it! I used Prisma Pencils and Odor Free Mineral Spirits to blend it. I sponged Brocade Blue on the sky with a clouds template from Rosie's Road Show. Then I added a few rows of torn Kraft to created a sand doon. I lightly sponged this with Creamy Caramel. I used my Stardust Clear Glitter Gelly Roll Pen to give some sparkle, and added the little starfish.
I think this little girl is just so sweet! She reminds my of my little DGD because every time she comes to Gramma's house she spends hours at the shoreline picking up shells and of course they all have to be saved!!! LOL! These are such precious times! For you young Mom's who are wishing away "this stage" hoping the next stage will be better.... savor every minute! They grow so quickly!
I hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Grace, this is beautiful, I love how you have incorpated the sand into the papers, beautiful work. Joey.x

Anonymous said...

Nice job Grace. I like how you tucked the image behind some of the sand. She looks so peaceful.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is great. I love the layers and the coloring is great.

Riet said...

wowww Grace,what a gorgeous card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Kim said...

This is really sweet. I really like all the layers and putting the image behind them like that. Awesome as always.

Sabrina Jackson said...

It sure is a sweet card, Grace!!!! Love all of those layers and the detail. Those clouds look like they are real and the layers of the sand is just like the real deal. Stunning!!!!
Hugs, Sabrina

peggysue said...

Grace that is a gorgeous card!