Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Spring!

Hi all!
I hope to have a few new ones to post later on but for now, this was my submission for today's skech challenge on SCS. It was a fun one... I love offset layouts so this was right up my alley!

We are having record cold temps for March here in NC, but by the weekend it is supposed to be in the 70's! I won't be here.... I'll be in AL. where it will be nearly 80 according to my daughter! So... while I'm packing winter jacket, etc. I'm also packing capris and short sleeved tops! That's the nature of this time of year. March definitely came in like a lion here... so as the saying goes, "...in like a lion, out like a lamb!" So in honor of this great weather that's coming, I made this Happy Spring card.

I got to use my new designer paper from SU!... Delicate Dots. Wow! I LOVE this paper! The colors are soo delicate and pretty! My image is Great Impressions, and is stamped on watercolor paper, and watercolored with SU! Markers, except the watering can... that's done with Copics. There are stickles on each image but they don't seem to show up. Everything is layered on SU! Kraft. I am really happy with how this came out and I'm glad it went together quickly this morning as I have a lot to do today! Hope you like this and have a great Wednesday!!!

8 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is just gorgeous. I love getting your updates. You always have the most stunning cards. Thanks for sharing with us!!!
Hugs and smiles and have tons of fun with your daughter :D
Sabrina

laos348 said...

I really, really like this card. You mixed and matched those papers sooooo well. I would have been afriad to do so but yours is perfect. Awesome job on the sketch and have fun with your daughter!

Saved By Grace said...

This is really a cute card, I love all of the images, and the layout...very pretty. Hope all goes well with your daughter's move.

Holly said...

I love this card! The layout, the colors and using the DSP so well! I also think the main images are fabulous! Well done with the challenge!

Jamie Martin said...

Oh so pretty, love the colors.

Jackie said...

Hi Grace - I love this card, very cheerful and gives me hope that Spring is coming! Have a wonderful trip and I hope to see you at Stamper's Alley again soon.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that paper! It looks so much better IRL than it did in the catty! Beautiful coloring!

Unknown said...

way to use the different patterns on that paper stack. nice job Grace!