Friday, March 27, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Sketch 9 and Color Combo


Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful Friday! It's gloomy here again and I am still not feeling great, but I got a couple of cards made last night.
This one is for the Sweet 'N Sassy Sketch Challenge(8) over on PCP and also for the color challange on the Sweet 'N Sassy Blog (link in my side bar) The color challenge was unique in that we could choose to use either pink and orange or pink and brown! I love pink and brown so it was a no brainer for me!
I used my Scripture stamp from the SNS "Trust in the Lord" set, and stamped it in Chocolate Chip on GP White. I cut it with my long nesties and sponged around the edges. The designer paper I used came from my BasicGrey 6 x 6 pack ~ Sultry. Love these little pads so much because the designs are scaled better for cards than the 12 x 12 pads! I had this pink and brown ribbon from Michael's forever, but it looked dwarfed by itself on the card, so I added a white panel punched with my Martha Stewart edge punch and that seemed to do the trick. The butterfly is also from Martha Stewart, stamped on the dp, then painted with Shimmerz "Opal". I love Shimmerz!!! Anyway, the base is chocolate and that's about it.... a quick and easy sketch!
Our Senior Pastor's wife is going through a difficult time right now and I made this for her. I hope it gives her encouragement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Grace - Details. I am not familiar with Shimmerz. I thought it was the paper you used when I first looked at the card. I love the glint it gives the butteryfly.

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Grace.

hugs Riet.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is such a gorgeous caRD!!! The colors are so soft and the scripture is so very powerful. I just love your creations :D
Hugs, Sabrina