Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Rosey Kisses


Hello everyone!
I was gone much of today and wasn't going to play the color challenge on SCS, but when I got home I just had to try it. The colors were Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, and Pixie Pink. Well I do not love Pixie Pink... in fact it make me feel ill! LOL! So I used Regal Rose instead.... much better in my opinion!
I had this set for probably a year now... it's a clear set by Fiskars and the designer is Tricia Santry. The images are super cute and I loved it when I bought it but have never inked it! Well... today's colors called "Turtles" to me! So I stamped the turtles in Old Olive, colored in with Kiwi Kiss ink, and then outlined the whole stack in chocolate chip marker. The flowers were stamped using markers. I decided to use the silks instead of the stamped images. I used a ton of bling on this turle stack! I know a certain little young lady who will love this. The ribbon is a yummy chocolate satin, and the tag is another stamp from the same set. There is a butterfly brad in the corner. Hope you like my blinged up card!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun set by Fiskars! I've seen the line at JoAnn's - I'll have to see if they carry this set. It's wonderful and perfect for this color combo!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card Grace. Funny how Pixie Pink makes you ill - kind of reminds me of Pepto Bismol (is that how you spell it). There is so much detail on your card. I love it.

Kerri said...

How cute, Grace! Those turtle images are too sweet, and I LOVE all that bling! Awesome details on this one!

peggysue said...

Not a pixie pink fan hmmm? Hee hee! We know how to tease you, hmm, wonder what color I might require in a blogger's challenge? Those turtles made me smile the minute I opened up your page. Very sweet. Glad they saw ink today. Happy visit with your DD! Safe travels!

Mary said...

I have these turtle stamps! Aren't they the cutest? Great card!

Kay said...

I love pixie pink!!! But I think the card survives quite nicely without it, probably because of all the bling. It made me smile :) Pink and bling,two of my favorites things of all time... they make me smile too!