Saturday, October 10, 2009

Inspired Faux Embossing and Faux Stone

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday!

I actually made this in the wee hours of the morning when I saw the Inspiration Challenge on SCS last night. I chose this necklace for my inspiration but let me tell you ... I could have chosen any of them! This is a gorgeous Etsy shop (TZaddiShop)! Check it out!

I wanted to recreate the gloss of her glass necklace so I decided to try the faux stone technique for my bg, using T Holtz Alcohol Inks and copper mixative. Then I wanted the faux embossed look so I stamped my images from the Oct. release by Our Daily Bread designs, With Heartfelt Sympathy first with Archival Sepia, and then overstamped just a little off with Archival Jet Black. Unfortunately the photo just looks out of focus but in real life, the sepia just colors in the lined images a bit for more definition. I have tried numerous photos and I just can't get one to show that... perhaps because in order not to have glare I also don't have the proper light to show it??? I'm not sure but I might try again later.

My base is Basic Black and the matting is Core-dinations. I did the faux stone technique on glossy cs and used scraps of copper to die cut my frame topper with a Spellbinders frame die and the little corners are a Sizzix die cut and embossed with a CB EF.

Quick and simple once the bg paper was made. Hope you like it! Thanks so much for looking!

Have a blessed weekend!!!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace. Faux stone is one of my favourite all time techniques but I haven't done it in a while. Thanks for the inspiration.
Edna x

Jane Wetzel said...

This is beautiful Grace! Thinking of you cuz I am flying to Charlotte on the 15th to stay with my son for his 30th bday! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is stunning - I love the colours and the technique together, so effective. I have yet to check out the IC...but must! Love that image too...this card has such warmth to it! Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing Grace - I love to visit, although it is only quick today - I am 'sneaking' in a few comments before the family gets up and we get ready for Church this morning! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER - Grace - this is FABULOUS!!! These techniques look awesome and you nailed the take on the necklace!!! Bravo!!! Hugs ~S~

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is stunning Grace!! First of all, the background colors are absolutely gorgeous!! And the cattails are beautiful on the bg!! Your topper is tops too!! What a beauty!!

Dell said...

Grace,
Fantastic job on creating this card from the necklace inspiration. This card is stunning!

BTW, love the pic of Ricky. He is one big baby!

Kathy Jones said...

Another EXQUISITE card Grace - the colours are so rich and beautiful!!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Oh, Grace! This is beautiful!!!

Betty Wright said...

This is so warm and rich, Grace!!! I so need to try the faux stone technique. This is just beautiful!!! Wonderfully done!!!

Stephanie said...

some of my favorite colors - especially the copper! beautiful :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous, this looks wonderful. I like the rich colors.

Kelley said...

Holy cow is this a cool card! I just love that PS technique!!

Kay said...

What a great background! I love my alcohol inks because you're right, once the background is done, the cards pretty much make themselves and everyone is always impressed with them! My favorite type of card to make.