Saturday, October 3, 2009

Inspired Thinking of You

Hello friends! I hope you are having a blessed weekend!

I decided to play again in the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week...

It was based on this wonderful verse:
Psalm 19:14: Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

I love this Scripture! I love to pray this to God often. It reminds me of a dear old lady we knew in our Church many years ago... she would close every prayer with this verse! Anyway...we were to make a card for someone... a thinking of you or praying for you type card.

I also wanted to play the Inspiration Challenge over on SCS. I chose this as my inspiration piece, from the Kir DeVris Website. I used Bazzill for my base, layered with white and then on the back of another sheet of the Bazzill I stamped my image from Get Well, a Sept. release from Our Daily Bread Designs, in Craft White and embossed with White EP. I stamped the image twice so I could cut it out and pop up the butterflies later. I stamped the sentiment from the Sept. coordinating set, Thinking of You with VersaMagic Niagra Mist and clear embossed. I cut the sentiment out with a Spellbinders Ribbon Slide, sponged lighty and mounted over a panel I cut twice with my SB Lattice Borderability. A little ribbon, a little bling in the way of pearls and crystals, and a few butterflies I punched with my MS punch and stamped with the flourish from this set, and I was done.

I don't do CAS well... this was my attempt at it and while I think I captured the IC piece, that's about all I can say. I need more practice at CAS! Also, the color in the photo looks gray but it is really a misty green and quite a pretty color.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop and look and have a blessed weekend!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Gorgeous...beautifully stunning. What more can I say...but more needs to be said. WOW...this one and the previous one are knock outs, Grace. Love them both. Your cards are sooo classy.

Kristine said...

Sooo gorgeous Grace! :) Love the elegance of this and those butterflies are so lovely. Wonderful card. (love your music too!) :) Thanks so joining us at SSCC this week!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty Grace!

Happy WCMD!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Wow! That is truly beautiful! The colorcombo is stunning and the cards is very elegant!

Gunn

Gina Lindsay said...

I think this is very elegant looking, I love the bling and the way you did the butterflies. I thought it was gray until I read a little further down, but either way, it is very pretty.

Dell said...

Very stunning CAS card! You are so very talented!

peggysue said...

This is too lovely for CAS, sorry, but I don't believe it qualifies! :) So pretty as usual, it does look gray in the photo and even in that shade would be lovely, but I will believe you that it is green.

Traci M said...

Grace, this is lovely in gray-green, it is a beautiful CAS card!! That verse is very special, I agree.

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Grace this is simply elegant!! Love those ODBD sets and how you've done the sentiment is gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I love the gray with the pink rhinestones. YOu sentiment panel is so creative. What a beautiful way to incorporate those challenges!!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the lattice in the background! And it is minty green? Wow! Gorgeous colors together!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful Grace!

Kay said...

I kinda like it this gray color to be honest - beautiful card, as always Grace!

Rosietoes said...

A very beautiful card Grace. :)
Edna x