Friday, October 16, 2009

A Little Baby Onsie All in White


Hello everyone!
I made this little Onsie for two challenges.... the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge which was to make a card based on Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (NIV)

The challenge was to make a baby card or project, or a card for an expectant mother (or expectant parents)...perhaps even try your hand at a shaped card.

Well.... you didn't have to ask me twice on that last point!

The other challenge I made this card for is one that a group of friends do each week over on SCS. This week we were to make an all white card. The ribbon, embellishments... everything had to be white. We could use black or gold for a sentiment. As soon as I saw that challenge I thought of a Baby Onsie... so combining the two challenges was a natural.

I thought I had a template for these onsies but I could not find it so I made this one myself on scrap paper. I cut my card stock for a standard A2 card with a top fold. I used my 1 1/2" circle punch for the neck and legs, just lining them up with my template for placement, then I traced the sleeves and sides and hand cut.
I ran the whole card through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder. Next time I would do the front and back seperately but I didn't do that so I have the elevated dots on the front and on the inside where my sentiment goes. I added white ribbon, little white K& Co Adhesive Paper Ribbon around the neckline, sleeves and legs. I stitched a seam on the bottom and added brads for snaps. Across the chest I cut three of the little patterns out of my ribbon and adhered them to the ribbon, then punched holes in the centers and added tiny button brads. I backed the whole front on the inside with a lining to cover the brad backs. On the inside I have a sentiment that simply says Baby in various patterns. When I actually need the card I will personalize it more.


Photobucket

18 comments:

Crystal said...

Absolutely adorable, Grace !

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet onesie Grace!!! Love all the texture!!! Too clever. I hope to create a baby card for the SSCC too. Running out of time.

Have a great day!!

hugs,
Chris

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely precious Grace!!! Love the texture and the sweet little buttons!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Grace. This would make the perfect Christening card.

Stacy Morgan said...

I love these onesies... so so sweet.

Janis Lewis said...

This is just adorable! I love the texture and the lace around the openings are a perfect touch!

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace and all the finishing touches make it so special. :)
Edna x

Traci M said...

This is so sweetly detailed, Grace!! I love these onesies and especially the little lace adhesive around the legs and arms, too cute!

Unknown said...

Cute as can be!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, I am finally commentng on this adorable card! Love this darling little 'onesie' as you say! What better choice for both challenges!! Love the embossing, it is just gorgeous!! Those buttons and that lace - too cute! So well played my friend! Thank you for sharing!! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Grace Baxter said...

Grace, your little onesie is adorable. I'm sure you are delighted with the way it turned out. You're so creative!

Grace at
Gracenotes4today.blogspot.com

Kathy Jones said...

Oh My Gosh Grace - this is TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!!! :)

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the way you have embossed this card. The white is great too!

Kay said...

Too cute! There is something so elegant about all white cards - how clever of you to combine two challenges! Thanks for taking the time to explain it all - I always find that helpful!

Dell said...

This is so cute and I love the embossing on the entire card! Fantastic job on this one.

Stephanie said...

I love all the white - this would be perfect for a baptism :)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

The sweetest onesie ever!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is so awesome! Perfect for a christening or baptism. Thanks for always being such a great supporter of our challenges at SSCC!