Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Kelley!

Today, my card is specially made for Kelley Holland, owner of Our DailyBread Designs!

It's her birthday and several of us on the DT got together and decided to post a birthday card to her today, using any ODBD Stamp set.

I used Happy Birthday! I know... not that clever, huh? Well... my sentiment is on the inside. I thought the image that came with the set would be perfect for fall, so I pulled out my BasicGrey Indian Summer, Bazzill yellow and Chocolate Chip for my base.

I stamped the image on Neenah card stock with Memento Ink and colored with Copics. I cut the circle out of white cs and sponged on T Holtz Distress Inks in Tattered Rose and Scattered Straw . Then I spritzed the entire thing with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Iridescent Gold. Wow! Did that ever sparkle then! Can't tell in the photo because it's very cloudy out and my inside shots never seem to show shimmer, but it's there. I mounted the image panel on a Spell Binders Lattice Pendant cut from Bazzil and then lightly sponged with TH Tattered Rose. I used the SB Lattice Edgeability for my ribbon treatment. I popped up the image on dimensionals. Kelley's favorite color is pink and it's got a good bit of pink in it but it's still those fall tones... I hope she likes it!

Happy Birthday Kelley!!! It's in the mail... a little late I'm afraid, but it's coming! Hugs! :)
Photobucket

13 comments:

Diane Noble said...

What a gorgeous card. Love all the details in the lattice work. The pink with the fall tones worked so well. Love it all. How special to celebrate Kelley's birthday this way.

Crystal said...

WOW Grace stunning work my friend!!! I love all your deets and these beautiful colors!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, what a beautiful card for Kelley!! This image is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured!! I am sure Kelley will love it. Your cards are masterpieces Grace! Thanks for sharing!! Love it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful!! I just love your card Grace!! You showcased your image so beautifully with those spellbinders and the yellow brightens it up!! Gorgeous coloring and use of that DP! Stunning! Kelley will love it!!

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Grace! There is something very regal about this card! Love the use of the dies, and the wonderful rich colors!

Shauna K said...

gorgeous!! i love all the gold accents :)

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
Oh how beautiful and tasteful lovely design.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - your b-day card for Kelley is beautiful!!! Perfect set to use :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Kelley said...

Hey, Grace! Better late than never, that's what I say!! LOL!! Thank you so much, my friend, you are just the sweetest!! I LOVE the pretty colors in the card and I love even more how special you made my day!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the colors! I really like the way you used the ribbon.

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the colors! I really like the way you used the ribbon.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful job! Love all those die cuts!

Kathy Jones said...

***THUD*** OMGosh Grace this is incredible and I bet Kelley will LOVE this beauty!!!