Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankful for friends of Faith Blog Hop

Welcome to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine's A Faith Perspective “Thankful for Friends of Faith Blog Hop”. Today, we're out in force on the internet -- showing our faith and giving the glory to God. United, we stand as Christian paper crafters and blog owners to make a presence on the internet for all to see. We're celebrating the theme of friends and we're happy to share our projects based on the verse:
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. " Ecc4:9-10a
If you're just joining in on the fun, you can find the start of the train here: A Faith Perspective First, we would like to take a moment to thank our generous co-sponsors: Layers of Colors Stamps, Gina K Designs Stamps and Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. Together with Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, these companies have donated some wonderful prizes for today’s blog hop.
Prizes? Oh, yeah! There will be three lucky grand prize winners for today’s event.
To enter, simply hop to the blogs of all of the participating staff members of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, take note of the staff member’s name, and leave a comment on their posts. Then send us an email at
games@scrapbooknewsandreview.com listing each of the staff members who participated in today’s hop. It’s that easy. All entries must be received by Monday, November 16, 2009 at 12 noon, EST and three winners will be randomly chosen to win.
What are the prizes?
One $100 gift certificate from Layers of Colors Stamps AND a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
One basket of goodies -- four stamp sets from Gina K Designs and a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
One set of digital stamps from Sweet ‘n ‘Sassy Stamps and a 3 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
In addition, every participating staff member of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine will offer a free one-month subscription to the magazine to one of their lucky visitors by simply for leaving a comment on their blog. That's a lot of chances to win, so let’s get to the Hop! 
                       *********************
Here is my project for this themed hop.  I used images and sentiments from Our Daily Bread designsFriendship” set and made a double pocket card.  I used retired SU! Certainly Celery designer paper for the pocket base.  I used glossy card stock for my white and Martha Stewart designer paper for the backgrounds of my bookmark pullouts and the belly band.  I used Stazon Olive Ink, a Martha Stewart edge punch for my belly band,  an EK Success flourish punch for the flourishes, a Spellbinders Label #6 for my dragonfly image panel and mat, a Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder, Cuttlebug Butterfly Die cut/embossing combo, a CB edge  and some green vellum  for the butterflies and leaves.  I rubbed my Olive Ink on the CB folder to add definition before embossing.  I finished with some pearls and Prima Hydrangeas, and topped the bookmarks with SU! ribbons.   


I chose these stamps because I believe that the type of “bond” that is referred to in our inspiration Scripture today is truly a gift from God. We were not designed to be loners.  Our Maker made us as social beings, and we are fulfilled through relationships with others, and likewise, we are to help others be all that the Lord created them to be.  Whether it's getting a job done, lifting one up when they are down, or just enjoying the company of a like minded person, true Godly friendship is truly a blessing!

  I love how all the Our Daily Bread designs sets are God honoring sentiments and Scriptures. They have opened a door for those of us who want to share God's Word through our cards.



I wanted to just briefly show you another card I made for this hop, which will be seen on Women to Women, along with a few thoughts on today’s Scripture.  All of the regular writing contributors to Women to Women will have a project to share with you.  I hope you’ll continue on the hop and take the time to read the posts.  I titled this card “A Chord of Three” based on the 12th verse of Ecc. 4.  “A chord of three strands is not quickly torn apart”.  That verse made me think of these three little friends linked arm in arm.  While all the details are listed on WTW… this image is Penny Black and the sentiment is Our Daily Bread Designs Friendship. DP is Daisy d. The ribbon was in the blog candy I won from Crystal (Sugar Crystals).  Thanks so much Crystal!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects for this blog hop!  Thanks for stopping and now….
The next stop on this blog hop is:
LeAnne Pugliese

Have fun on the hop! God bless!

71 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, Grace!!! My heart has been melted!! Both of these are gorgeous beyond belief! Your work is so amazing, as is your great big wonderful heart!!! Speaking of friendship, I'm so blessed to call you friend!!! God Bless!!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace - these are truly beautiful and so perfect for this Blog Hop! I am so grateful that in this journey of ours, where we combine a passion for paper and for HIM, that we have met and are not only sisters, but friends! I celebrate you today Grace, you know I love you! Your cards are 'works of the heart and your words 'from the heart!' all are beautiful! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Helen Dooley said...

beautiful cards Grace. never a bad choice to come here, so uplifting and awesome creations. Thank you for sharing your God given talent with us. :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Grace, your cards are beyond amazing!!! The first one is so beautiful with those tags and off course the butterfly ;D...the colors are so soothing, love it!!! The second one is sweet all the way. The perfect little bears stamps for a powerful scripture. I have to agree with everyone before me...it is uplifting, encouraging and an absolutel joy to come and visit you. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Teresa Kline said...

what a fabulous creation Grace, gorgeous work....have a blessed weekend!

enjoy *~*

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Your pocket card is a stunner, Grace! Gorgeous! And adorable sweetness in your bear card! Lovely details on both!
What a delight to hop along this special blog hop with you!

hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both absolutely stunning Grace!!! Love the green with all the flowers on your pocket card and your coloring and image is so sweet!!

Congrats on being one of the top 7 for Mojo Monday my friend!!! Thanks for all your inspiration and for being such a blessing!!

Big hugs,
Chris

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace your work is so 'God honouring' - I love it, and all that you share.
Blessings
Maxine

thinker said...

Grace, your cards are always such a delight!

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Grace!! Wow your projects are stunning! That green butterfly is just awesome! I'll have to come back and take a closer look at that! God Bless You!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

I'm back....for more drooling over the green pocket card....that is one fabulous piece of paper-art!!!!

Liz Williams said...

I'm always so blessed to visit here at your blog. You just let God's love shine through you even through your creativity. I'm signing up to be a follower if I[m not one already.

peggysue said...

Grace, that green double pocket card is a jaw dropper. Wow. They're both so very nice, but I really like that one.

Alisa said...

Grace you make amazingly beautiful cards!! I love all the projects you shared today!! MAy God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!! You sure do have some gorgeous creations not only for the blog hop, but on your whole blog!! You're truly blessed with talent and I'm happy to be joining with you on this blog hop!! HUGS

ellepaulette said...

I just love coming to your blog, it makes my heart happy!! Beautiful cards, they will be a blessing!! :)

Catherine said...

Oooooh! I just absolutely love the green and white card! Such beautiful color, rich texture and gorgeous embellishments!
The second card is so sweet - definitely gives the warm fuzzies.
TFS and God Bless!

Renay said...

I truely love your bookmarks and the card is so pretty too! Thank you for the beautiful music on your blog as we all hop along!

Unknown said...

Grace, your cards are awesome works of art. God has blessed you with quite a gift! The first one is my fave, but I love both Scripture verses you've used for this focus. And we were on the same page with the "cord of three" concept! God's blessings!

Tenia Nelson said...

Just gorgeous!!!! Have a blessed day my dear!!

Anne House said...

Such a lovely card set! Thanks for playing along, this weekend!!

Kathy W. said...

Beautiful cards. You do such amazing work. Thanks for sharing!!

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!! Love them both! :) Beautiful sentiments as well. I do agree, our friendships with our sisters in faith are forever bonds and we should hold each up in prayer often. Thank you for sharing in this blog hop Grace! :)
Blessings!

Mary said...

Grace these are amazing!

hugs
Mary

Rachael said...

Such sweet, beautiful cards!

Gina Lindsay said...

Beautiful and uplifting as always! I love the way you based the three friends on that verse from Ecc. I love that verse and have alway thought of it in relation to any relationship I have, and especially my marriage, with God being that third cord that binds our hearts together. I love how you showed the friendship aspect of it.

Unknown said...

Grace these are beautiful as well as beautiful words of encouragement. This is an honor to showcase friendship with my Christian Sisters on the web. Hugs, Gini

Sharon said...

Gorgeous cards! Enjoyed your blog.

D's Paper Studio said...

I'm blown away at your cards. What a creative person you are. Thank you so much for your encouragement.

Cassie said...

these are both just fabulous -- i esp. love all the green on that pocket card! you have such a way with details and layers and accents!

miss~nance said...

Grace

Your cards are just beautiful. Love your comment about how we were not made to be alone, we were made to be social creatures. This weeke end has been somuch fun. TY for your lovely comment on my blog.

Blessings

Gail

Flo said...

Elegant cards, I love dragonflies and butterflies. TFS

tirzahdawn said...

Grace, your cards are just stunning! I love that green one. It is just beautiful!

Nancy said...

Your work is absolutely incredible and truly artistic! I am very happy to have come across your blog today! Thank you very much!

Unknown said...

Hi Grace,
Thanks for leaving the sweet comment on my blog. I just noticed that you are in NC. I live in Hendersonville.
hugs,
Gini

Unknown said...

WOW! Your work is gorgeous! I am blessed that we could share the Love of Christ through this blog hop! Blessings to you!

Sammi said...

absolutely gorgeous creations, Thanks for sharing with us :D
xxx

Anonymous said...

My amazing daughter's middle name is Grace, so this can't be just a coincidence!! Especially since I sit here in absolute awe of your work. I am a HUGE COLLECTOR of sites with beautiful work to inspire at all levels, and yours has got to be the PRESIDENT!!! You are amazing, and bless your faithful heart! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDD I love those shades of green SO MUCH!!! This project rocks my socks right off!!

Lynn said...

Grace, these cards are both totally amazing! I always love your style, and you have just outdone yourself. I love all the layers and all the beautiful details. Your cards are inspiring and you are an inspiration as a woman of faith! TFS and have a blessed day!

Khunter47 said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you so much for sharing. I have really enjoyed visiting your blog.

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done - all of them :D

Hope said...

LOVE the double pocket card! They look like they can be used as bookmarks and I love that idea. Beautiful. Have been enjoying your writing on WTW too! Blessings and Peace to you!

Unknown said...

These are absolutely beautiful.The colors you chose are so eye-catching.Thanks for sharing your talent!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh WOW Grace, the colors and design of the green pocket card are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your God given talent.
"Hugs" Granny

Unknown said...

Wow! Love the color and texture of the green card! It is sooooooo pretty! The second card is great too! Love the ribbon!

LisaB said...

Hi Grace,
Love your creativity, you always have the prettiest designs!
Blessings,
Lisa
p.s
see ya over at CPC

Audrey said...

Loved your cards, so elegant!! Thanks for letting me stop by to enjoy!

Tara said...

Your work took my breath away. simply stunning work.

Marsha said...

Those green cards are so beautiful. Wow.

Miss H said...

Such a stunning card!! Love your creations. God Bless :-D

Rita Barakat said...

Simply gorgeous!!Love them!

Gloria Westerman said...

Wow Grace, these are so stunning. And I too love ODBD stamps. They are amazing. Thank you for sharing these beautful cards. God bless you.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous projects Grace! I always love visiting your blog.

P.S. My cats are around 16 lbs, too. They're huge! I love them so much, especially Jazzy, my shadow... who just jumped in front of the computer screen. I think she's telling me it's time for bed!

God bless,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi, your creations are beautiful, I can see the love of the Lord and the time you put into each one. This hop has been so fun for me and I am glad that I have visited you.

Ice Princess Scrapz said...

Dear Grace, I'm thankful for this blog hop; for if it hadn't been, I might never have found your blog and your absolutely stunning creations. You are so blessed with talent. Thank you for sharing your love of HIM. Hugs and blessings from me to you.

Kay said...

That double pocket card is simply stunning!! I can't begin to imagine how much time went in to it but it was worth it. And those little bears are just adorable :)

cr8iveme said...

Terrific cards.

And what a wonderful blog hop that we can share our love for HIM through our art.

{hugs}
M.E.

Diane Noble said...

It's always a blessing, Grace, to visit you here and witness your love for the Lord. How well you exalt His name. Your creation is just spectacular...as always, but it is the love of Christ that pours from your heart through your words of wisdom and passion that bless beyond measure. Love your work...and love your heart more. So glad you are my friend!!! Love you, sister!

Janine Rachau said...

Your cards are exquisite! Love your site and plan to come back. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creative talent. Be blessed, Janine

Anonymous said...

So thankful for the blog hop that let me find your beautiful blog.

Thena Smith

Dell said...

Grace,
Your cards are simply stunning! I particularly love the butterfly! You are so very talented and your testimony of God shines through your work!

Dell said...

Grace,
Your cards are simply stunning! I particularly love the butterfly! You are so very talented and your testimony of God shines through your work!

Chrisd said...

Grace,
I enjoy your work so much. It simply lifts my heart. Thank you for your kind words on my blog.Our church had our holiday bazaar on Friday and Saturday. I usually make cards and not many are sold. This time I only made a few cards to sell but focused on taking orders with delivery next Sunday(orders for 40-I will be busy). The cards with the most orders..are those with scriptures verses. I think the Lord was watching over me and was pleased with my choices. All of the money is going towards mission work... and the food bank in town.
Have a blessed day.

Carol<>< said...

nice blog!
so nice, TFS
Carol<><

Unknown said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS ODBD CARD - Grace!!! I love this kind of pocket cards too...still haven't tried one :(. The color is very striking and the design is just perfect!!! The bear card is super adorable - love all that purple :)!!!

Thank you for your kind and uplifting words today...I really appreciate it!!! Hugs ~S~

Altered Amanda said...

Oh, my goodness, I can't imagine creating cards that look like this- cards seem to be a real challenge for me, yours come out so perfectly professional looking!

maiahs_momma said...

Gorgeous cards :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine
catlevy@eastlink.ca

Anonymous said...

Oh grace, these are just extraordinary cards. Blessings to you friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh grace, these are just extraordinary cards. Blessings to you friend.