Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MMSC28 with a twist


 Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a blessed week!
This project looks better if you click on it to enlarge!


I made this card and ornament for several challenges.  I used the MMSC28 sketch, I used Design Team mate Betty's color challenge CC245(SCS)  for my colors, and I made an ornament which is presented on a card to submit to the Verve Home for the Holiday's Project Parade.
                                                                                                         
I have to say I love how this one came out...and that's not something I say too often.  I purchased a glass ornament from Hobby Lobby. I used the Nov. release from Our Dailly Bread designs, Luke 2:11 for my image and stamped it on Watercolor paper and watercolored with inks and cut out.  I painted on a thin coat of Diamond Glaze to adhere my image to the ornament after cleaning the glass real well with glass cleaner.  The base of the card is Papertrey Dark Chocolate, then the designer paper is K & Co. Evergreen.  I dyed ZVA white pearls with Ranger Cranberry Alcohol Inks and attached, then I added punched leaves and boughs that I sponged with Always Artichoke (Martha Stewart Punches).  The main panel is up on thick dimensionals and lots of them to give support to the glass ornament, and the ornament hanger cord is taped to the back so it can be easily removed without taking the panel apart.  I added some gold beads, Stickles to the edges of the petals that I had painted green, and a gold ribbon.

I hope you like my project and thank you so much for taking a peek!  God bless your day!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Phyllis said...

Beyond beautiful!! This is just and awesome creation, Grace!! Your cards are always just breathtakingly gorgeous!! Love all the sparkle!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, this is SPECTACULAR, Grace!!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I love your card project, what a lovely twist and I agree, this card sure is a special one - love all the thought and special effects. Bravo!

Jane MMSC DT

Crystal said...

OH WOW Grace this is sooo WONDERFUL!! Awesome take on the sketch , gorgeous card!

miss~nance said...

Grace - that is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous. Love it . The layers are and colours are stunning.

Blessings

Gail

Dawn B. said...

This is so creative.. Really great way to use that ornament.. I love the colors too.. Such a splendid 3D effect... Super job Grace.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Hi Grace,

In answer to your question about making Pretty Little Things with Glass Drops...
I painted the PVC glue over the entire image to adhere it securely to the glass drop. This is necessary because the ribbon and felt backing will be secured to this as well. Try a tiny glass drop first until you're confident that your glue will work. Another reason why I color with pencils instead of markers, because they won't smear when you paint the glue on top. My PVC glue dries VERY quickly. It's specifically made for paper and bookbinding projects. I left more info about the glue on my comment on my blog. But I imagine that any brand of PVC clear drying glue would work.
I look forward to seeing your Pretty Little Things!

Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!!! I love your ornament!! It turned out beautifully even prettier than what you described!! Gorgeous GF!!!
hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - how could you NOT love this amazing work of art - it is just gorgeosu and has so much detail. Love the glass ornament and the colours - just gorgeous! I don't know how you keep up with yourself - you are an artist in your own league!! Loving this!! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Karen W said...

Wow, this is just stunning!! What a wonderful twist on the sketch and beautiful card.

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor and wipe the drool from the corner of my mouth. Oh my is this an awesome creation. I love that you made a ornament that can be used again and again as part of this card. Just gorgeous. You are so talented and creative and I get so much inspiration from viewing your beautiful work. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Carol
MMSC-Design Team

Teresa Kline said...

Grace, this is indeed very beautiful....a great Verve project..wow....have a wonderful day~

enjoy *~*

helencreaty1 said...

great creation i love the flowers, and the glitter you added on them , looks so good =)
hugsssss
helen

Connie M. said...

Stunning, Grace...WOW...what a wonderful idea to have the ornament with the card!

Diane Noble said...

WOW...when it looks this good here I can't imagine what it looks like IRL. Fabulous...stunning...a true piece of artwork. But then...you are the consummate artist. It is just beautiful...and so, my dear friend, are you...inside and out!

JazzyH said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is truly amazing!! I love how you've got that ornament on your card!! The flowers are stunning and so well put together!! Thank you for adding it to our Saturday Spotlight challenge this week!! HUGS

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darlene said...

What a beautiful work of art Grace! Love how you incorporated the ornament and your colors are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, Grace, it's so elegant and pretty. Love the dimension and color scheme. It's cheerful yet traditional!
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Grace!!!

Blessings, Maria

Kelley said...

Grace, so stunning! love how you colored the pearls!!

Crystal said...

WOW Grace this is GORGEOUS!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful ornament and those pointsettias are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!