Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Sketch, A Favorite Thing, A Way to Use it Technique... Angel


I made this card for several challenges.  I used the sketch from MMSC27,  Flourishes "Favorite Things" Challenge in which we were to take our inspiration from the words to the Sound of Music Song "My Favorite Things"... I thought of "girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes".  It also is for Way to Use it 244 to add faux feel (texture).  I embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder. It also fits the challenge at My Graffico, to use stitching.  I used the Angel image from Our Daily Bread designs set "Angel" and the Poinsettia image from the Nov. released set "Luke 2:11".  I heat embossed two of the poinsettias and the angel with Ranger Fine Detail SGold EP.  I colored the angel with Prisma Pencils and blended with OFMS.  I then painted her wings with Shimmerz Blingz "Gold Gllimmer" and her dress with "Angel Wings" Shimmerz.  I used shimmery gold vellum and punched the lower edge with a Martha Stewart punch.  I sewed a vine with my sewing machine and gold thread, then added blue half pearls by Memory Box.  I painted Angel Wings Shimmerz on the raised part of my dry embossing to give the pattern a shimmer.  I cut out two poinsettias, painted with Shimmerz Blingz and popped up the top layer.  The gold satin ribbon is from my stash.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  The inside has a wonderful Scripture from the Angel set.

Thanks for stopping by! I love knowing you were here! Have a blessed night!

Please don't forget you still have until Nov. 15th to join the Our Daily Bread designs Challenge "Show us the Shimmer".  One lucky player will win a $30.00 Store Credit to the Our Daily Bread designs Store!!! Don't miss out!!!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Phyllis said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!! Love that image and all the shine and shimmer. Gorgeous, gorgeous creation! The MMDisign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Crystal said...

WOW Grace this is GORGEOUS love these elegant colors!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just beautiful. I love the image and all your extra touches, the shimmer is great.

Karen W said...

Oh WOW this is just gorgeous, I was wondering what I would stamp today, now I know, I'm casing this!!!! Thanks so much,

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is exquisite beyond belief!!! How wonderful. I like how you used those little embossing folders on the ends. Your image is so pretty and so are the marvelous accents. You have capture the "Sound of Music" essence with this beautiful creation. Thanks so much for playing with us this week. We really enjoy viewing your work.

Carol
MM-Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer! Stunning! I love the sewn corners, The dry embossing, the soft colors, the coloring...o.k., the entire creation! You are such an inspiration my friend.

hugs,
Chris

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful Grace, Your Angel looks fabulous!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oh, Oh, Oh I am in AWE - just fabulous. I can't believe how lovely that is. That may be the prettiest and best card I have EVER seen in my WHOLE life, really!!!
Beautiful GRACE. Perfection.

Jane MMSC DT

Unknown said...

wow, this is stunning!.
amazing card, thanks for playing with us this week at MyGrafico ;)

Julie Koerber said...

What a gorgeous creation!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - I thnk today is the day that officially I have run out of words to describe your gorgeous creations. Each week I say the same things, but they are so true - DIVINE, GORGEOUS, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL and more!!! Love this Grace - totally amazing! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I look forward to seeing what you will next week and will try to find some new words before then! LOL!!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

CraftinGranny said...

What any inspiring card. You definitely have been blessed. All the cards I've viewed here are spectacular and show your love of God. Thank you so much for sharing your faith and talent.
"Hugs" Granny

Carolyn said...

Grace~Your cards take my breath away! Each one better than the last. I am always amazed with the talent that you have and share with us. Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Just love having you!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Unknown said...

what a fantasticly beautiful card...perfection hugs sassyx

Kay said...

So beautiful, Grace! I am always in awe of your work and this is why :)

Sue McMahon said...

Wow Grace! This is just fantastic! I so love your work! They always make me SMILE! :) Thank you for your inspiration!

Sue
MMDT

Diane Noble said...

Love this card. It's stunning with all that shimmer. That white poinsettia is just gorgeous...and the gold....just breathtaking. One again...you amaze me!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is a stunning creation once again!!! You have colored this angel image so beautifully!!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the shimmer on your angel, Grace! She looks like she is glowing!

Kelley said...

Probably a new favorite for me of your creations!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Grace,

I hope that you are really "taking in" these very accurate and true compliments from everyone. If you are just reading the comments start over and really absorb the meaning. I really want you to recieve all of this "love."

This angel is glorious. You manage to go deeper than what a piece of paper should hold. You use so many intricate details, so many different skills in one piece and obviously, you put so much love in what you do!

All of your projects are phenomenol. I love all of the delicate embellishments you use in your art.

I saw the trumpeter with the red background also. The gold in the paper shows up beautifully. The first thing I thought of was "In a blink of an eye."

Your natural, Godly beauty shows through your art, dear Grace!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace,

I left a comment here more than an hour ago. I was wondering if you individually approve each comment beforeit posts. If you don't have it, PLEASE let me know, because I really want to leave you a note.

He IS Able,
Traci S.