Monday, November 9, 2009

Quilted Christmas Adoration


Hello everyone!  Happy Monday!

Today I have a project that I've been working on over the past few days as I was able. (I have family in from out of state so I only have minutes here and there to get into my craft room)... but I wanted to show you this fun quilt card I made.  I have made a few of these before and I have to say they are labor intensive... but each one I do gets a little better so practice is helping!  I only make these for really special people though. LOL! 

I also want to mention the quilt rack.  My husband and I made these last year, based on a similar one seen on Debbie Olson's blog (Thinking Inking). 

For my card, I started with a base of True Thyme (5 1/2" square) and I cut 3/4" squares from BasicGrey's Wassil designer paper.  I cut a 4" square of white and ran it through the Textile Cuttlebug folder, then lightly sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I attachde all the little squares in a straight line (the fun part) around the perimeter, spacing evenly between the center panel and the outside edge.

My Poinsettias are from Our Daily Bread designs new November Release, Luke 2:11 and are stamped on watercolor paper with Archival Jet Black four times.  I colored them with Reinkers in Cranberry Crisp and touches of Certainly Celery and So Saffron.  I cut them out and popped up some petals for definition.  For the centers, I dyed white ZVA pearls with Adirondak Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink and clustered them in the center.

The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread designs Blessed Christmas and I used True Thyme to stamp with and T Holtz distress Ink  to sponge.  I used my slot punch on one end and my corner rounder on the other and added the True Thyme ribbon.  I used an EK Success edge punch and used the negative parts for my scrolly elements.  I had planned on sewing on this one but time got away from me.  Next time I'll sew! :)

One note on the stamps I used:  These stamps are part of a three set release by Our Daily Bread designs in November.  If you buy all three sets you will save 10% on the bundle!  With all the great Christmas verses and sentiments, that's a great deal!


Don't forget that you still have time to enter the Our Daily Bread designs Challenge Show Us the Shimmer!  The winner of this challenge will receive a $30.00 store credit to the Our Daily Bread designs Store!  What a great incentive that is!!!  Simply link your card the the challenge link above by Nov. 15th, 8PM EST! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love knowing you've been here! Have a blessed week and be sure to stop back this week end to see the entries I made for the Thankful for Friends of Faith Blog Hop! 
Photobucket

20 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, my goodness , Grace ! This is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! Gorgeous papers, colors and I love the sentiment ! { hugs !}

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is stunning Grace!! LOVE the angled sentiment over your beautiful quilt layout!!

The Other Barb said...

I am a quilter & a stamper and when I saw your card on Splitcoast I had to look at your blog. Beautiful card! Think I'll visit Our Daily Bread site & place an order. Always looking for Bible verse stamps.

laos348 said...

This turned out beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Grace - this is so neat and beautiful!!! What a great idea!!! Hugs ~S~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!!! I love the quilt rack and the quilted card!! I was surprised to see you were able to make a card!! Hope you are enjoying your visit with your BIL!
hugs,
Chris

Helen Dooley said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love how you made it. The colors are beautiful.I love how you have the holder for it. Beautiful.

Diane Noble said...

Just love it Grace. You are such an asset to ODBD because your cards showcase their products beautifully. The last two are stunning. Love them.

Karen W said...

I totally agree it's awesome, I can't imagine cutting all those tiny squares out but it really is gorgeous!

Connie M. said...

Another stunning creation, Grace!! LOVE the quilted background, and your flowers are amazing!!

I have to laugh at my DD every time I open your blog...she just LOVES the song that comes on...she will not let me close your blog until it is over! :)

Stephanie said...

oh Grace - thank you for putting the time into this because it's fabulous...that quilted frame is perfect: colors, patterns, and precision. This is truly a masterpiece :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous paper art, Grace--love the quilt design--and the quilt rack completes it perfectly! I admire ALL your art!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Grace - you are amazing - this my friend is simply divine!! The end result is worth every second you took to make it!! I love it! Love that ODBD sentiment - they are always so perfect...and those flowers - gorgeous!! Love this Grace - you 'knock me out' Each time you post! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing!God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I love quilts.. That must have taken some time to get all those little squares on there.. Looks terrific..Super job.

Liz Williams said...

Your blog is just gorgeous. And Chris was singing "Glory in the highest!" Love all your Daily Bread cards. You glorify the Lord with your wonderful creativity and you share His word and hope to the world through it. Bless you!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the quilted look of your card and the stand you and your husband made. That sets off your card perfectly and makes a nice keepsake item.

thinker said...

wow... a stunning card! love it - and can just imagine how time consuming it must have been! it turned out beautifully...

peggysue said...

This is gorgeous, what a lovely idea. I agree, it must have been time consuming, but well worth it.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
Your Quilted Christmas Adoration is just Beautiful . I also just posted a new Christmas Floral piece, I hope you like it. So busy doing things here just painted the guest room and have our Gracie a lot( she just turned 2 )
I will be back soon to visit.


~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your cards are absolutely fabulous!