Friday, November 6, 2009

Ever Present Help




I made this card for the Stampin Sister's in Christ Challenge this week and I used the Mojo 111 sketch. The Scripture for this week was Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Pamela Young's challenge was to create something about when God is "unseen"; that reminds us that God is always with us; a card to encourage a friend and remind them that God is with them; or perhaps something to hang on your wall as a reminder.

I chose this wonderful set from Our Daily Bread designs, Keep My Lamp Burning.  It is a go to set for me, especially when I need a more masculine card.  I also find that I love to use K&CO Blue Awning designer paper with this set!  Today I paired it with a caramel textured card stock and a creamy textured cs, both from my stash.  I stamped the image and sentiment with Archival Ink and sponged with Creamy Caramel.  I rolled the sentiment panel up like a map or scroll, added some hemp and a little brass anchor charm along with a few brass brads.  The image is popped up on dimensionals.  Simple and quick but I like how it came out.

I hope you have a blessed weekend!  I have family coming in today through Wed. so I'm looking forward to that, and may not have much to post for a few days.  Thank you as always for stopping by and for taking the time to let me know you've been here!

22 comments:

Helen said...

Very pretty card! I love the lighthouse on the card and the scrolling of the sentiment paper is awesome!
Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Stacy Morgan said...

So beautiful and warm Grace. I like this lighthouse, wonderful card.

Pamela said...

Wow!!! Awesome card! I love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous masculine card - Grace!!! Love the Psalm...so comforting to me!!! Hugs ~S~

Crystal said...

Grace what a fabulous Masculine creation...wow wow!!! I feel like I always tell you how stunning your work is...You are such a talented woman, I LOVE everything you make!!! I love that I can visit your blog and see so much awesome inspiration!

Dell said...

What a fantastic card! I love the lighthouse image and the papers make it so nostalgic feeling.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome take on the challenge Grace!! I love the scroll your created and your layout! You are amazing my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Kelley said...

So calming! Love this card!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Traci M said...

Grace, this is so masculine and yet beautiful...I really like the way you scrolled the sentiment. I have this set, and would like to try it with the paper you used...it is gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful card Grace. This is the only ODB set I have but it is by far my fav.. Great job.. I love the rolled edges on your sentiment..terrific sponging and overall layout.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is stunning grace!! LOVE the verse on the scroll!! Clever and beautiful!

Rosietoes said...

What an impressive masculine card Grace with such a vital message. As the lighthouse beacon lights up the darkness so God will give us the light we need to move forward nomatter what the circumstances. I love it.
Edna x

Kay said...

Wow Grace, you have been busy since the last time I visited! Beautiful works, as always. I think my favorite of the new additions is the "Blessed Christmas" card, and the gift card ornament (an idea I am totally going to CASE!). Obviously, with 160 comments, other people felt the same way ")

Anonymous said...

Grace this is beautiful as usual. I love the scroll detail.

Gina Lindsay said...

The scroll sentiment panel is great. Beautiful card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace...I already commented earlier on this post but had to say it again. You inspire me so. I left you an award on my blog!
hugs,
Chris

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Grace!! I LOVE what you did with the sentiment!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! This card is just perfect in every way!

Robin McK said...

Really lovely card! Congrats on your Mojo win!

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous Grace and congratulations on winning the Mojo Challenge!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what necessary phrase..., an excellent idea