Sunday, March 14, 2010

ODBD's Second Anniversary Celebration and Challenge: Day 2


Hello everyone! Welcome to Day 2 of the Our Daily Bread design's Second Anniversary Celebration! I hope you have had a chance to play along on yesterday's challenge! ( Just for your information, ALL the week's challenges were posted on the Our Daily Bread designs Blog on Mar. 7 as well as a link to that post posted in our SCS Member Forum, because we wanted you ALL to have time to play and have plenty of chances to win!!!)

Today, our challenge is an inspiration challenge, inspired by a Collage of various China, since China is the "Contemporary Gift" for the second anniversary! Here is the photo we used for our inspiration:


Totally gorgeous and inspiring pieces in this photo!!! Our challenge is to use any one of these pieces or to use the overall china theme to make your creation. We hope you'll play along with us, and link your creation to the Anniversary Celebrations Day 2 post with Mr Linky on the ODBD Blog by 8:00pm EST Monday! Please link the challenge in your post, and only new work, no back links please. The winner will receive a $20.00 Gift Certificate to go toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread designs store!!!

I used "Path of Life" and colored it with a combination of water color and chalks. The chalks are Pearlescent by Pebbles and added a shimmer to the whole scene. I added Ultra fine Flower Soft in Citrus Crush and Rasberry Fizz. I layered the scene on a mat of gold and used my Martha Stewart Mega Edge Punch to make the lattice border. The flowers are mostly ZVA Creative, and I added a touch of Stickles to the edges of the petals, and some MS punched leaves. I just love this set and it was so fun to color!  I also entered this into Stampin Sisters in Christ's challenge today which was based on Ps. 29:11"The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless his people with peace".  The challenge was to make a project using a peaceful image or verse about peace.  When I saw it, I knew this image had to be it!  The peace that God gives is a peace beyond our own comprehension... it's an inner peace between us and God... that He has forgiven our sins and placed us in relationship with Him, because of the shed blood of Christ.  When we have received Him, He promises to show us the path of life, which is the name of this set.  What a blessed thought for the Lord's day!

To see the samples the rest of the Joint Design Team and Challenge Team created, please visit the links listed below! There is HIDDEN BLOG CANDY on some of the blogs, but you can only win if you have left a comment.... so be sure to leave everyone some love! The owners of the Blogs that have the candy will be drawing their winners tonight and announcing them tomorrow, so be sure to check back then! Just in case you miss that... on March 19th I will be posting on the ODBD Blog a re-cap of the entire week's winners.... there will be MANY!!!
Each Challenge will have a winner, the Blog Hop on the 17th will have fabulous prizes.... and then there are blog candies Mar. 13th through 16th! LOTS of chances to win!!!

Now here are the Links to the team members who played in today's challenge:


Julie Warner
Chelsea Cook
Deborah Saaranen

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see your creations soon!


54 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just amazing! I love your flowered corners--wow! Beautiful Grace!

Becky said...

This is a gorgeous card Grace, but then again, all of your cards are gorgeous :).

StampinCathy said...

This is one stunning card. Your coloring is amazing and just love all the details and bling you added to this card.

Dawn said...

beautiful, just beautiful Grace! it should be framed and hanging!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Grace, this is beyond fabulous!!!! I second what Dawn said!!! God Bless!!!

jill said...

Absolutly amazing, blows me away

Candi Wood said...

Lovely A bit of summer with all it glory

Karen W said...

Wow Grace this is just gorgeous, totally over the top!

Gloria Westerman said...

OMGosh.....this is so stunning.....I love the whole layout.....thank you for sharing.....

Francie G. said...

Grace, this is over the top GORGEOUS! Goodness, I can't stop looking at it! Fabulous details!

Susan M said...

A masterpiece! More than a card!

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is beautiful and the little roses are stunning! I used this image for our SSCC challenge this week as it evokes peace. Have a great week!

CreativeMish said...

Such a beautiful card. I love your coloring and those tiny little flowers are to die for!

Deanna said...

Your card is beautiful. That would have taken me years to do that. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Deanna

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Gorgeous, Grace! I love the scene and all the beautiful flower bouquets along the frame.

Lori said...

Oh, Grace this is so peaceful. Your coloring is just perfect. The flowers in each of the corners looks great, a hand delivery for sure. *smiles & hugs*

Rona said...

gorgeous piece of art - your coloring is amazing

Liz Williams said...

A picture is worth a thousand words, and your lovely garden gate looks like an open invitation to that peace which God offers to us. Your beautiful flowered corners are just amazing. A true masterpiece.

Jennifer said...

Wow Grace! your card is AMAZING!--in every way!

hugs,
Jennifer L

Heidi said...

Grace, this gard is beautiful, I love the coloring and the colors are unbelievable- makes you want to just follow that path doesn't it? Just stunning. TYFS this artwork.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ellepaulette said...

What a lovely card! So pretty!! :)

marcelle schauer said...

this is so amazing, the colors of the flowers make me really want to walk that path, just beautiful

Wendy m said...

Stunning card xx

Lynn said...

This card is just amazing! I can't believe all the beautiful details. You are soooo talented! Thank you for the inspiration!

Create With Joy said...

Dear Grace,

I wanted first of all to thank you for your kind words which you left on my blog yesterday, and second, to let you know how much I am enjoying this blog hop! I visit a lot of blogs and do a lot of hopping and I have truly been blown away by the talent of the OBD Design Team!

Your cards and blog are also lovely! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future as I am now a follower and I hope you'll come join me at Create With Joy as well!

Hugs
Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Grace,
Your card is absolutely stunning. Love the corner flowers and your coloring

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning Grace!! I so love your exquisite coloring and design!! Your corner flowers and your punching is gorgeous!! Stunning take on the inspiration my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Earline said...

beautiful garden how it look so real you done a wonderful job

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love all the flowers and your colored image.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love your inspiration for this challenge and what you've created with it. It reminds me of my grandmother's fine China. Very lovely, Grace!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Grace...this is a 'garden delight'! What a gorgeous card you created!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word, Grace! This is over-the-top amazing and gorgeous! Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful! Lovely card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow. I love this. Your flowers are great and they really do remind me of China patterns. This is just beautiful.

Linda Carson said...

Oh WOW! This is BRILLIANT!

Chrissy D said...

Grace this is STUNNING - love the flowers around your image and the pearly white gate and the soft clouds - gorgeous! What a blessing to read your response to my work too! Thank you! Have a blessed day!

Laurie said...

What a gorgeous card, Grace! It really does remind me of a china pattern. Thanks for sharing again at SSCC.

Tanja S. said...

Gorgeous Grace, you should use it to hang on the wall.

Kelley said...

Jaw-dropping gorgeous! Love this stamp set and your coloring is top-notch!

Kazdaz said...

WOW!!! Grace stunning card.
God bless
Karen

AK Donna M said...

Love the roses on the corners. I just tried the new Ultrafine FlowerSoft this weekend.

Vonnie said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.
Yvonne

Marsha said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers.

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous as usual! Such a pretty card and you did a great job coloring! I'm always so nervous to color, especially since the camera doesn't usually hide the mistakes too well! TFS!

Debi said...

Grace this is so beautifully done!

Earline said...

Keep up the work love your card

Gretchen said...

Holy Macaroni!! This is jaw dropping beautiful!!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! I love the flowers in the corners and that image is utterly peaceful!
Thank you for playing along with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

christy said...

Great job mom, I love love love all that you do!

Marilyn said...

The card you made makes me want to walk right in... I love it. Great job.

Janet said...

WOW! What more can I say about your beautiful card. I just love the flowers in the corners. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Stephanie said...

I just love when I look at a card and I totally 'get' how it was inspired!! this is terrific, Grace! and completely inspiring on its own....I really need to pick up some flower soft :)

klasickewpie said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colors and dp you chose. Those poly shrink embellishments look perfect. Wish mine came out that nice.