Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A touch of vintage and a sketch


Hello everyone!  I hope your week is going great!  It's snowing here again!  In the 10 years I've lived in NC I have never seen so much snow!  But I'm enjoying it still.  It's beautiful when it's coming down!

Today I'm showing you a card I made for sketch challenge 269 on SCS.  I used my new Layers of Color stamps.... a set called Nature Walk.  I had fun with this one, and love the way the stamps stamp!  The sketch was simple and I didn't layer it up to death! LOL!  My base is Papertrey Vintage Cream, sponged with TH Distress Ink.  I stamped the flourish with Chocolate Chip and Walnut Stain, stamped the flower with Memento, and colored the flower with Copic Marker BG10, then spritzed with Tattered Angels Irredescent Gold Glimmer Mist.  The designer papers are K&Co and My Mind's Eye.  I added some crocheted lace for a slight vintage feel.  I love it when cards just come together quickly!  This one did. 

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Tellen's Place - Anything Goes
crafty creations: #56 cut it out and pop it up
Practical scrappers: inks.
Crazy 4 Challenges: textures

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a most blessed week!

25 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Grace! I love the colors and the vintage feel!!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Everything about this card is beautiful...the colors, the elements you've used, just everything!

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace this is a beautiful designed card and I do love the vintage touch to it!!! Hugs ~S~

Joynana said...

I love the vintage look and feel of this card. The colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I love the lace, the colors and the vintage feel!! Gorgeous creation as always my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Kim said...

Grace, this is so lovely! Rich in color and style. I love the addition of the lace. Adds so much to the overall look!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Grace! Wonderful vintage touches and design! Where did you find that vintage lace! Love that!

Do What You Love said...

Grace, this is such an elegant card - that stamp makes it so gentle and keeps the vintage feel with that beautiful lace! I love your ink distressing and your papers are gorgeous - they really compliment that image! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;D

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace, it has taken me so long to get here, but it is well worth the visit!! I love your 'vintage' card and you KNOW I love those Layers of Color stamps. Your lace and and the colours are perfect! This is gorgeous Grace!! Love it! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, what a scrumptious card, Grace! Delicious in every way!
Hugs!

Kay said...

Grace, this is just my style! Love the vintage feel to it and the colors are just perfect. I've missed your beautiful creations during my self imposed hiatus! Glad to see you are keeping up the good work

Random Acts of Krafting said...

So pretty, I have to get me some of that distress ink.. Thank you for joining in this weeks challenge at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenge! Good luck!

Greetings, saskia :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CraftyC said...

Beautiful card, love the colours!
Clairex

Amanda said...

Wow, what an amazing card... I just love all the colors you used.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week..

Amanda :0)

Mary said...

Such rich colors - very pretty!

Diane Noble said...

Beyond beautiful! Love the colors...so vibrant. Another gorgeous layout and all the embellies are fabulous. You do ODBD proud!!!

Heidi M said...

Hi Grace! Beautiful card! I love the papers and all the inking, stamping and trim details.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers!

Heidi :)

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

America said...

WOW! Beautiful vibrant COLORS!!

Lexi said...

Gorgeous! And i love the colours! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

HI Grace, I'd like to be sure it's okay with you if I put this card and your newest one, Merci Bouquet Sketch in the Stamper's Gallery on LOC.

You're doing fabulous work with LOC stamps! I hope they're feeling comfortable for you, because you sure are producing some beauties!

Let me know when you're ready to join the team! You'd be a delightful asset!

Hugs!