Sunday, March 7, 2010

A walk down memory lane

Hello everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend! It certainly flew by here!!! I do have one card to show you however. I made this card with the Our Daily Bread designs March 1 release "The Lord has Risen". I chose to leave the front with just the image and put my sentiment inside. You will love the sentiments with these floral sets! Perfect for Easter, but also lots of other occasions! Please check them out!!!

These violets bring back so many memories for me! My Grandmother had such beautiful violets... deep purples, blues and white violets! I used to just love to pick them and make little bouquets and put them in this dainty little vase she had. To this day I love violets and the happy memories!!!

I stamped these on Neenah cs and colored with Copics. I cut the image panel with the new Spellbinder's Label 13 and sponged lightly with olive ink. I cut the purple Bazzill SB Lattice Pentant, embossed it and mounted my image on that. That is mounted on a white layer cut with a Martha Stewart all around edge punch, and embossed with a wonderful embossing folder from Crafts Too. This layer is then mounted on a green designer paper from Lasting Impressions, and on a base of Bazzill. I kept the layout simple, only adding some stickles to the violets, and a bow I tied with two ribbons, and a pretty stick pin with elements received from sweet Sabrina! She does these like no other! Thanks Sabrina!

Thank you for looking today and I love knowing you have been here! I hope your new week will be filled with blessings!

Please check out the ODBD Blog today for a special sneak peek at the CHALLENGES we will be having every day from Mar 13 through 17th, as we celebrate Our Daily Bread design's second anniversary!!! There will be prizes galore, blog candy, and the release of some VERY special second anniversary release sets! The challenges will be one a day and due by 8pm EST that day... so we are giving them to you NOW so you can get a head start on them!!! Please check out the blog... write down the challenges, and play along for lots of chances at lots of prizes!!!

16 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

One word...SPECTACULAR!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is such a beautiful card...your coloring is amazing!! I absolutely love the way you have done the center with that pendant and the Labels 13....I know I should have bought that one ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is stunnng, your colours choices are perfect! You always use your Nesties so beautifully, they frame your images to perfection - faculous!! I am loving this Grace - I had better check the ODBD Blog and get some details!! Thanks for sharing! {{{HUGS}}}

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Grace. Wonderful coloring and I like your pendant background.

MariLynn said...

Grace, You have made me long for spring with your card. I was just at Dawn's blog and she had a violets card too. I loved our house when we lived in Illinois. My daughters and I loved picking the violets.

Connie M. said...

This is just soo beautiful, Grace!! I just love all the pretty borders you have used on this card! That nestie is perfect for this image too!! Hugs!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous. Love the design.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Grace. I love your layout. I did a violet card yesterday too. It is almost violet time. It is so nice this week so they will be coming...Have a great week.

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Grace....LOVE those diecuts and these colors....great design!

peggysue said...

What gorgeous, rich color you used in this wherever did you find that ribbon? Gorgeous!

Gina Lindsay said...

So pretty! I love violets too, my grandmother often kept a little pot of them in her kitchen window. Very happy memories indeed. Love the coloring on your flowers.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! Love how you colored your violets and how you framed it with the Lattice die!! Very rich and beautiful!! Awesome layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Dianne said...

Hi Grace!! I just came across your blog. Your work is gorgeous! This card is stunning! Love everything about it.

Stephanie said...

I think my love of flowers stemmed (no pun intended) from my grandfather. He didn't grow violets like your grandmother, but a huge variety of perennials. I have many of them in my own perennial garden now.

Beautiful card!!

Kelley said...

Another beauty!! Love it!