Thursday, March 18, 2010

Midnight Madness Tiled Petunias

Hello everyone!  I hope you have had a wonderful week!  Today I wanted to play in a couple of challenges.  I made this for MMSC45 and also for the Saturday Spotlight, to slick it up!
I am also entering it in:
Secret Crafter Challenge (Anything Goes).
Cute Daisy May - Anything Goes
Ooh-la-la Creations - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes
Challenge Up Your Life - Bouquet/Flower
The Crazy Challenge - Simple & Elegant

My card is 5 x 7 so it's a lot bigger than I usually make, and I had to photograph it flat, so I'm sorry about the ugly photo!  This week's MMSC fancy option intrigued me to say the least!  I had colored up this image from Serendipity Stamps with Copics, and decided to try it for this sketch, so I cut it all up!  I then sponged T Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot around all the edges, and attached them to a black piece of cs.  I then embossed the whole thing 3 times with Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.  It really gave a thick glossy shine.  I had intended to crackle it at this point, but decided I liked the clean white tile look so left it. I think that qualifies it for the Crazy Challenge, which is simple and elegant.  For the butterfly I stamped a second one, embossed it as well, bent the wings when it was still hot, and then attached it to the card.  The corner treatments are Spellbinders.  It's actually a simple card, and different for me, but I have someone in mind who I think will love it.


If you hopped along with us on any part of our Our Daily Bread designs Anniversary celebration, please check out the ODBD Blog to see all the winners! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!!!

19 comments:

Nana said...

By far, no doubt, this is the most beautiful card I've seen made following that sketch. Thank you joining us at "Crazy Challenge" this week. Is real pleasure for us!
hugs Nana

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is lovely - you are so talented and this is so elegant and stunning.
Blessings
M

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace- this is DIVINE!! I love this beautifully coloured image and the way you have used it for this sketch! Love the colours and those corners! Definitelty afavourite with me - so elegant! Love it! I am so glad you played along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and we love seeing your 'works of the heart' See you again next week! (((hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is so elegant and sophisticated. The flowers are beautifully colored and that butterfly is just darling. Love this card!!! Don't you just love the brick wall technique...you have it perfected!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Crystal said...

AWESOME Grace WOW LOVE your tiled creation, amazing job!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love your take on the MMSC, the tiles, the gorgeous flower and design!! Awesome take on the MMSC and Sat. Spotlight this week!!

big hugs,
Chris

Sue said...

Wow, those flowers against the white background on the tiles just pops on your card! Love the butterfly, perfect touch. Colors you chose and your coloring are awesome. Thanks for joining the MMSC this week.
Sue
MMSC March Guest

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Oh this is just beautiful!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Grace,
Always a pleasure to view you card, Photo is fine! A 5 x 7 is different, isn't it? Very nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness.

Jane MMSC DT

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love your tiles.

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Grace, this is one amazing creation hun!! I love the glossy over the brick layers and the flower is so pretty!! Beautiful job and thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!HUGS

pinky said...

Amazing work Grace, a piece of art! Thanks so much for playing along at CDM. Hugs
pinky

lin_ka1 said...

kartka jest śliczna i inna. :) Lubię Twoje prace.

Mel X said...

Wow, this is stunning. Love the image and colours. The tiles are a fabulous effect.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Jennifer said...

Wow Grace, this is really pretty! It so looks like tile pieces! Very nice and elegant!

hugs,
Jennifer L

p.s. I am so pleased about the ODBD award!!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace.. I love the tiled look. Really gives this card a unique look.. Great job.. Have a good weekend.

Kathy Jones said...

Who cares what the photo looks like when you're too busy gazing at this gorgeous card!!! BEAUTIFUL my friend!!!

America said...

OMG----- GRACE, this is incredible!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Priscilla said...

Gorgeous...Love your whole take on the sketch and your butterfly looks so real..AWESOME !! Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge blog. I wanted to just let you know that the MMSC46 Sneak Peek has been posted.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess