Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Soul Finds Rest in God Alone


Hello everyone!  Today I have a wonderful Scripture card to share with you from the newly released Our Daily Bread designs Scripture Collection 4 and the Vine Borders set.  I stamped with Memento Ink on GPW and used the Stamp- a- ma- jig to center the verse in the frame.  I lightly colored in a bit of the vine border with olive green.  I cut panel with SB Long Scalloped Rectangles, then matted with brushed silver and old olive.  My textured embossing is Sizzix, and I cut the lower edge with an EK Success Punch.  I duplicated that layer with an olive layer and then matted on silver, and on a base of white.  The Fleur de lis is Spellbinders with tiny pearls added.  I used a textured silver ribbon then covered that with a sheer ribbon and tied on a little charm that was a RAK from a dear friend.

This qualifies for the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - Ribbons

 Hand Full of Stamps - Remove the dust (silver ribbon)

Practical Scrappers - Use Something you have had for over 1yr(ribbon)
I love this verse.  What a comfort... the world around us may be in a terrible state, but our assurance in our God, who never changes,  and we can rest in that. " My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

I am away from my computer visiting with family, and this post is on auto pilot.  I will be back later with some new things to share with you.  Have a blessed day and thanks so much for stopping! I love knowing you were here!

25 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is gorgeous, LOVE this layout!!! Beautiful work!

Michele Spera said...

wonderfully done, very elegant looking :-Thanks for joining us at Tg this week

Anneke klerks said...

i was here and have seen your beautyful card.
have a fine day

anneke

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...

Elegant & beautiful, Grace ! Am oh, so happy that verse made the Scripture Collection !

Angi Barrs said...

What a beautiful card. I am trying to get more into card making. You have given me inspiration!

LATRICIA NELSON said...

YOU ARE NOT ONLY AN INSPIRATION AS A CRAFTER BUT AS A WOMAN OF GOD... I ADMIRE YOUR WORK AND WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE A BLESSING TO MY DAY... SPIRITUALLY AND CREATIVELY...

Lori said...

Beautifully done! You are a comfort and blessing to me.

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - your card is gorgeous!!! I'm with you...this Psalm is very comforting!!! With losing our step-father recently I'm trusting more than ever in our Lord!!! He is my rock and my salvation!!!

Thank you for sharing this amazing card with us!!! Hugs ~S~

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such an elegant and comforting card - just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Deanne :)

Yvonne Hagane said...

I`ve truly enjoyed my visit to your blog, Grace...your work is amazing and so beautiful!!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

It is a very beautiful card.
Truly a work of art
Whenever I go to visit you
I'm surprised
I love the message
Hugs from Venezuela

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I just love the clean white with all your elegant touches and embossing!! Very striking my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace~

What a lovely elegant card! I love that Psalm. "He is my fortress..."

The silver is so beautiful, and I love your embossing...it adds to the elegance.

I love the dabs of olive that you put in the border around the Psalm. Just beautiufl...like your
heart.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Hello again, Grace!

Your new picture is beautiful! The outside matches the inside...when it comes to you!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Kat said...

This is so elegant. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG this week.

Kat x

Nicki Olsen said...

This is so pretty!! I just love all the dies and the embossing! Beautiful!
hugs,
Nicole

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful card Grace.. I love the embossing. It really adds so much texture to your card.. Great job.. Have a super weekend..Hope we get some warm sunshine.

Fern said...

Gorgeous card Grace!! Love the embossed bg, the scallops, and that ribbon is gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Practical Scrappers!!

Dottie said...

Hi Grace:
Well as you know we have been pretty busy around here painting , but I wanted to take a break and stop and visit your blog as always you amaze me with your beautiful cards.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is just so serene and pretty! I LOVE that scripture, what a truth! Gorgeous border and I love the embossing - it gives so much texture! Your touches of colour and the ribbon are perfect! Thanks for sharing Grace - always a pleasure to come and see! {{{hugs}}}

Kelley said...

So clean, crips, and so elegant!! Love the fluer de lis'!!

Stephanie said...

beautiful, inspiring card, Grace...the fleur de lis are GORGEOUS!!

America said...

GORGEOUS in every detail!!! WOW!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card!!! Just beautiful, thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish