Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom CAS

Hello everyone!  Where did this week go?  I know it flew for me because I spent most of my week in TN helping out my daughter with the kids so she could work.  She works evenings and her hubby was away so Grandma to the rescue! LOL!  Like it was a big problem for me???? We had a blast and I just thank God every day that we live only a couple hours away now so we can get together more!!!

Anyway.... because I was away, I am running like mad to catch up since I got home late this afternoon!  I wanted to share a sneak peek with your of a new release coming on April 1 at Our Daily Bread designs.  This image is from the set Happy Mother's Day, and the sentiment is from another set called Mom.  Both sets are beautiful and so versatile.  They include those hard to find words like Daughter, Grandma, and more... Stay tuned for more sneaks soon!

 I made it for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, to make a Clean and Simple card.  For me, THAT is a challenge!!!  I loved the verse the challenge was based on....
 
Ps. 51:7-10 "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Let me hear joy and gladness, let the bones you have crushed rejoice.  Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.  Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

A wonderful prayer to pray daily, wouldn't you agree?

This also qualifies for the following challenges:

Creative Cottage- Sparkle (Embossing and sparkle on Butterfly)
Frosted Designs - Vellum (Butterfly)
Paper Garden - Spring and  embossing
Crazy 4 Challenges - Spring
Challenge Up Your Life - Spring Flowers
Jacksonbelle - Spring
Fab N Funky - Favorite technique- heat embossing
Incy Wincy- Easter or Spring
Allsorts - Spring is in The Air
Secret Crafter - Spring has Sprung
Bee Crafty - Spring

Flutter by Wednesdays- butterfly, fairy or angel-OPEN

Here is my CAS card's recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs Happy Mothers Day and Mom
CS: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Bazzill Caramel
Designer Papers: BasicGrey Porcelain, Brushed Gold - the Paper Co
Technique: Heat Embossed with Ranger Super Fine detail Gold Embossing Powder, Watercolored, Stipled cream layer with Rose and then Old Olive around the outter side of the wreath.
Accessories:  MS Shell Corner Punch, Gold Half Pearls, Butterfly from Bridal dept. at Michaels

 

24 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Yippee for Grandma!! I love your card, especially the transparency of the butterfly! Beautiful!

Ginny said...

VERY nice, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Nikki said...

For a CAS card it really has some beautiful details
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Tracy said...

wow this is stunnning love the design. the butterfly is so pretty.
thanks for joining us this week at the Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning hunny and wow, what a totally stunning card, loving the butterflies you've added here! thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week, hugs Linda x

Crystal said...

Grace totally GORGEOUS!!!!!!! What a beautiful mom creation!!! Stunning!

Helen Dooley said...

gorgeous cards!

Becky said...

Beautiful card.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! The font is fabulous! Sounds like had fun visiting the grandchildren and your daughter, such a hardship I imagine. =) Wish my dad lived closer.

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is so pretty. I love the little butterfly. CAS cards are so hard for me too. I really struggled on my CAS cards this week. Looks like a really neat set. Glad you enjoyed time with the grandkids.

Tricia T said...

Beautiful! Just Beautiful! Thanks for joining our Paper Garden Birthday Challenge!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - it has taken me foreva to get here but I am glad I made it - love this precious card, your colours are so soft and feminine and are wonderful with the image and the sentiment! The butterfly is a gorgeous touch! Love it!! Love your new photo too Grace - gorgeous! Thansk for sharing and always inspiring! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous sparkle!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This card is just beautiful! Love the soft watercoloring with the embossing. Thanks so much dor playing the Paper garden Projects challenges!

Danni said...

What a pretty card! So elegant! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Anonymous said...

Grace, this is indeed a beautiful image. Your coloring is superb and that BG paper is perfect to highlight those beautiful flowers. Thanks for taking the time to share your art with us at SSCC.

peggysue said...

Beautiful card Grace! I passed through TN this week twice, should have waved out the window! And you changed your photo, looks nice! Thanks for playing along with the SSCC this week!

Kelley said...

Love these colors, so incredibly beautiful!!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

This is wonderfully elegant :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week :)

Sharon said...

Oh my...this is such a pretty card. I really like the punched loop corners, the butterfly and soft colours you used.
Also, thank you for the nice comment on my blog for my card using Layers of Colour stamps. It is sincerely appreciated.
Stampin'Hugs,
Sharon

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh I love the shimmer and your butterfly is fantastic. Looks like a fabulous new set.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace~

Welcome Back! I hope your time with your daughter and grand-children was wonderful! I'm sure it was inspiring,too. I get so inspired by children. They say things as they see things.

Your card is just beautiful, Grace. I love the colors in this, and the many different flowers in the ring. Of course your punched corners, and pearls add extra elegance to this card. As does this exquisite butterfly, Grace.

Glad you are back!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Stephanie said...

How nice that you were able to help out your daughter...I bet she was sooooo appreciative!! It's so nice to have family close enough in case you need them :)

I love the softness of this card, Grace...just so pretty! Perfect for mom :)

America said...

AMAZING colors, so gentle, so beautiful!