Monday, September 13, 2010

Sparkle and Shine

Hello everyone! Today I have a sparkly card to share with you. I made it for this week's Our Daily Bread designs Shining the Light Challenge29, which was to sparkle! I used this month's new releases Brocade Background, Brocade Frames and a sentiment from the Peace set, the newest in the Full of Grace Collection. I also used the new Die Cuts for the Brocade Frames and let me tell you I am a woman in love!!! These make the job of cutting so quick and easy!!!



My card base is Bazzill Bling in a silvery gray, then the next mat is also Bazzill Bling in Black which reads more like charcoal gray with shimmer. The next layer is dp from Making Memories. On basic black I stamped the brocade background with white Craft Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Crystal EP. It really sparkles! I then cut that out with the Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame, putting the frame aside for now. I used the same Edge Frame and cut another one out of white to use for the frame this time. I laced gray sheer ribbon that has a silvery thread running through it through the scallops and tied in a bow at the bottom. For my focal point, I stamped the sentiment from Peace in Memento Tuxedo Black, then stamped the Brocade Frame around it and again on a blank white piece of cs. I used the die cut to cut them both out and then cut one in such a way to make the vertical part of my cross. I taped the two parts onto the back of the sentiment and then sprayed the entire thing with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Glacier. After that dried I mounted it on a stiffening layer and then mounted with foam dots. I hope you can see the shimmer.... it really does sparkle!

Thanks so much for stopping! Your comments mean the world to me! Have a blessed week!

I am linking this to the following challenges:
Gingerloft- Anything Goes
Fab n Funky- What'Eva
Southern Girls Challenge- Anything goes
Fairy Fun- Embossing
Scrappekammeret- Anything goes
Timbro Scrapmania - Anything Goes
Stamping vacation- no brads or eyelets "NO, NO!" challenge


30 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is stunning Grace!!! I have been sitting here studying this with my mouth open in astonishment for the longest!!! Just stunning!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your cards are always so exquisite, Grace, and this is true to form. I don't know why I wasn't a follower of yours, but I just rectified that! Every single element of this card is total perfection - a feast for the eyes. Beautiful embossing too. So happy you could join in the fun with us this fortnight at Fairy Fun Friday.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so stunning and elegant Grace!! I so love the cross you created, all the sparkle, and all the embossing. GORGEOUS and Beyond my friend. Love every detail!!

Oh...thanks for your continued support of the ODDB Shining the Light challenge too. I so appreciate you!! You so rocked the challenge!!
hugs,
Chris

Traci S. said...

Wow, Grace this is really stunning!
How many layers of paper on this? 2o+? It seemed like you kept adding a layer then another. I love the beautiful frame that well, framees the cross! The bg is so gorgeous. Brocade is one of my all time favorite looks. It is so rich and elegant here!

Thank you so much for sharing it!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Grace - this is fabulous! I love the way you did the cross, and that is one of my favorite sentiments! So glad that you shared with us! Hugs!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness gracious, Grace....this is beyond words GORGEOUS!!! So elegant and so detailed. A masterpiece without doubt!! I was trying to figure out how you did that Brocade BG...and I am blown away how awesome this craft ink and clear embossing powder treatment turned this into the piece of ART it is!! WOW, I am blown away!! I'll send you my address if you ever want to get rid of this BEAUTY! ;D;D Thanks also for supporting Shining the Light...you rock my friend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Melisa Waldorf said...

Grace this is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen! I hope you are having a great week!

Yvonne said...

What a lovely card! Great with the embossing and I especially like the ribbon through the punch.
Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappekammeret!
Hugs, Yvonne

CarlaKH said...

Beautiful! What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Denise Clark said...

Absolutely stunning! I LOVE the ribbon treatment! The embossing is perfect! Love the frame scroll work! The sentiment is awesome and SO true! Gorgeous!

Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges. This earns you an entry in the Oct 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to Flourishes!

We'd like to invite you to our Homemade with a HOP! blog hop on Sept 25 and 26th! There will be over $300.00 in prizes to be given away!

Dianne said...

Grace, this is so beautiful and elegant! Love the sentiment and all the embossing and great details!

Hugs,
Dianne

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love the papers en the image.

Hugs Riet.xx

Guro said...

Stunning card :-) Love the embossing, punch and ribons; beautifull.
Thank you so much for joining Scrappekammeret.
Hugs Guro

Bococco said...

This is really amazing!
Thank you for joining us at Scrappekammeret.

Hugs Agnete

Jennie said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS Grace! Love the way you did the ribbon on this. Such an elegant design and such a true quote!

Lori said...

Beautiful, sparkle and shine! This is such a classy card, elegant.

Margie said...

Grace, this is so cool, how you made the cross out of the frame/sentiment - it really is very pretty.

Mickie said...

Wow Grace, that is absolutely gorgeous.

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous sparkley card, the treaded ribbon looks lovely. Thanks loads for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge, hope you will join in again next time

Kyle E. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I was wondering what you used to emboss the image on the cross.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Grace this is one awesome card it is full of so much beauty the colours the frame the central image I love this so much thank you for joining us at Stamping Vacation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Velta said...

You are amazing...oh how I love what you did with the ribbon...Absolutely beautiful!!

Kelley said...

Be still my heart!!! WOWZERS!!!!!

Giò said...

WOW This is so inspirational.... and so elegant!!
Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Chris Baker - Ont. Canada said...

A picture never can pass along the true sparkle of a card but this is beautiful in it's own right. Love it. I think I will go and buy the stamp and die-cut now, you've sold me on it.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Grace- this is BEAUTIFUL. Love how you looped the ribbon through the edges. STUNNING piece! Thanks for playing in the ODBDSLC with us! Have a BLESSED weekend! (((HUGS)))

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

WOW! Absolutely marvelous!

Pati said...

WOW! This is stunningly beautiful! I love all the sparkle, the cross, the colors, everything!

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Amazing creation - just beautiful!!
Love every detail of it! :)
Thanks for joining fairy Fun Fridays!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Gorgeous monochromatic effect!! Thanks for joining us over at Stamping Vacation!