Monday, September 6, 2010

The Old Water Pump


Hello everyone! Happy Labor Day to those in the USA! If you are looking for the Stampin Sisters in Christ post, please scroll down one.

I made this for Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 69. I have been away and unable to do the last couple and I love doing them, so here's my take for this week and I have to slip it in there quickly!!!

I once again used the new Our Daily Bread designs set "Never Thirst". I used Spellbinder's Classic Circles (the largest in both the petite and large sets) and the pretty embossed circles are JOY Crafts Die Cuts. I used Memento ink to stamp the image and colored with Copics. I then masked and air brushed a glow behind the pump, blending out to a warm gray around the edges. The base is Bazzill, the DP is Memeory Box Twiggy, the circles are Mellow Moss and SU! Kraft, sponged with Mellow Moss. The flowers are Martha Stewart and I added Stickles to the little flowers in the image. The large lattice strip is MS as well.

Besides Midnight Madness, I am entering this in the following challenges:

I am entering this in the following challenges:
A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - In the Garden
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Add a Little Nature


Thanks so much for looking! Your comments mean so much. Have a blessed week!

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I so love the coloring and your use of the air brush. Gorgeous use of the sketch and the dies my friend.
hugs,
Chris

trisha too said...

This is a beautiful card!
:)

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful image, it's simply perfect for our challenge at MTTC this week!
Thank you so much for your contribution!
Chrissie

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - your air brushing is alazing - it adds so much to your card! I love the image and the scene you have created using it! The colours are delish and the Dies perfect! Love the sunflowers too! What a great take on the Sketch! Love this! We are glad you joined us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team
I am off to find you on CDAC! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Grace!
This image is FAB! I love it!
Love all the punched pattern you have added and the flowers are very pretty!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is astounding. I love all your punches and die cuts. The addition of the sunflowers with this water pump image is the perfect touch to give it an end of summer feel to it. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace, your card this week for the Midnight Madness Challenge is stunning. Wow I just love all of your attention to detail! Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...

Grace wow this is sooo beautiful, love all your diecuts!!! GORGEOUS!

Helen Dooley said...

Wow Grace- this is beautiful. I love the flowers. The pump and bucket looks so real.