Sunday, September 19, 2010

A time and a season...

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, and this week, my dear friend and ODBD and SSIC DT sister Chris Olsen is our Challenge Hostess. Chris has chosen Ecc. 3:1 for today's Scripture:

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven

Her challenge is to use Fall colors or leaves on your project! How fun is that!
I used the sketch from this week's Stamp With Fun Challenge and I used Our Daily Bread designs Scripture Collection 1 because this very Scripture is in that set and I just had to use it. I paired the verse with this month's new release Brocade Borders. I used one of the border stamps on the verse panel, and just inked one corner of the more square frame in the set on the envelopes. By just inking one corner I didn't have to mask. The designer paper is BasicGrey Indian Summer and it's on a base of Papertrey Dark Chocolate. I used Versafine Sepia Ink to stamp and a SU! Marker to color in my border design. The leaves are die cut from scraps of the same papers using a JOY! Craft Die/ Embossing combo. I love these JOY! Craft dies! I sponged the leaves with my Versafine ink to show the leaf veins a little more. My bow was made with a gold sheer ribbon that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Golden Terracotta. I also did some paperpiercing on this after Angie challenged me in her wonderful Time With Post on the ODBD Blog this week! I used an Ornare piercing template for the corners and a SU! mat pack for the straight lines.

With this being officially the beginning of fall here in the US, ... it's always so special to enjoy the beautiful turning of the leaves and the cooling of the air after the blistering heat of summer. I love fall and always look forward to a little trip to the mountains to just enjoy all God's beauty! Talk about a beautiful palette of color! When I look at nature, I just see the awesome wonder of our God! This reminds me that not only are there seasons to our year, but there are seasons to our lives, and no matter what season we are in, God has a purpose for our being here, and for every experience we go through. Every breath we breath is a gift from Him, and is given to us for a purpose. Some of the seasons we go through are dry arid seasons, some can be very difficult ones.... and those may be seasons of learning and growth. Just as it is with pain that we give birth to a child, it is sometimes through pain that God creates in us the new character He wants. Some of the seasons of our lives are mountain top experiences and we feel like we couldn't be any closer to God. Those seasons are time to be sharing our joy with others and helping others.

I hope that whatever season it is in your life, that you are feeling His presence and are seeking His leading and instruction in your life! He promises that whoever diligently seeks Him will find Him.

Our sponsor this week is Our Daily Bread designs! Woo Hoo ... near and dear to my heart! Join us for the challenge and you could win a gift certificate to the ODBD Store!

We'd love to have you play along! If you do, please leave a direct link to your card on the SSIC Blog and please link the challenge in your post!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Shabby Tearoom - inspired by nature
A Spoonful of Sugar - Fall Colors
Pollycraft Challenge - Fall Colors
Mark's Finest Papers - Fall Colors
Creative Card Crew - Autumn
Theme Thursday - Autumn
Incy Wincy - Autumn Colors
Stempel Magie - Fall Colors
Chamber Maids - Anything Goes
365 Cards Day 198 - Busy Background

17 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace, beautiful colors and beautiful verse.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Grace!! I so love the shades of red and melon mambo on your creation. Gorgeous layout. The added leaves are perfect as is the piercing!! Your words on the verse are beautiful and so touching and true.
hugs,
Chris

Have a great Sunday!!

Miesje said...

This is such a beautiful card - so rich in color! I love the layers! I love what you wrote about the seasons - so true! Have a terrific week!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very, very pretty! I am in love with the papers and colors you used here. So rich and saturated and so very eye catching. Fabulous sentiment and I love the fall theme, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Bianca said...

A very beautifull card! Your blog is fab! Thanks for playing with us at Stempel-Magie. xx Bianca

Basslady said...

your card is awesome and a work of art!
great style!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Anonymous said...

Top website, I had not come across th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Keep up the excellent work!

Francie G. said...

So very beautiful, Grace! Love the rich fall colors! Beautifully done!

Dawn B. said...

I have this paper and have always been intimidated by it.. LOVE all the layers you used.. Those leaves are the perfect embellishments.. Great card Grace..

Sharanda said...

Gorgeous!!

Pam said...

Gorgeous!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely rich colors and wonderful meditation. God's beauty is everywhere, we need only to open our eyes and hearts to Him!

Lori said...

This is a richly colored card, just perfect for the fall feel!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - these are words to live by and so beautifully expressed! I love your card and the rich colours you have used! Gorgeous warmth along with the stunning leaves and divine pearls - love this Grace - you are a blessing my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Beautiful, Grace! I love the rich Autumn colors!

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous fall creation, Grace! Such rich beautiful colors!

Maria Matter said...

so so gorgeous Grace!!
Thank you for sharing with us @ Creative Card Crew!
Blessings!