Sunday, September 5, 2010

Springs of Water



Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! This post and the last several have been prescheduled as I have been away due to the death of my DFIL.

Sunday brings another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge. This week I am the hostess and I chose John 4:10, & 13-14 for today's Scripture.

10Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." 13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

I hope you'll read the devotional thoughts I wrote on the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog today, as these words of our Lord offer a great gift to all who will receive it! Don't you love the word pictures Jesus used? Water.... it symbolizes cleansing, refreshment, and is an absolute necessity for life! Without it we would die! Without the spiritual water Jesus offers, we will surely die spiritually!

My challenge to you this week is to create a card or project that refers to water in some way, whether in image or sentiment.

I used the Sept. release from Our Daily Bread designs "Never Thirst" for my water pump image, and last month's Harvest Blessings and Die Cut for the sunflower images I placed around the pump. The images are colored with Copics. I absolutely LOVE how easily the die cut all these flowers out in seconds and they all popped right out perfectly! Wow! What a time saver! I mounted my images on a lattice panel I cut with a Martha Stewart mega lattice edge punch. I lined it up and cut it from both sides. I then cut another one from tan bazzill as a shadow effect. My verse is stamped with Memento and cut out, sponged with TH Distress Ink in Pumice Stone, then adhered to a Spellbinder's Fancy Label cut from Papertrey Dark Chocolate CS. My card base is Papertrey, then matted with Bazzill and the designer paper is Me & My Big Ideas. The twine is May Arts.


Our sponsor this week is
Art and Crafting possibilities UK
Be sure to check the SSIC Blog for all the details!


We'd love to have you play along! If you do, please leave a direct link to your card on the SSIC Blog and please link the challenge in your post!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!
Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Miesje
Rebekkah
Lisa
Patti

As you can see we have a brand new DT member, Patti Gilliam! Welcome aboard Patti!

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments bless my heart every day!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread Designs - Forgotten Embellishments - Brads
My Time to Craft - In the Garden
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Add a Little Nature


17 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HI Grace!! I love the verse you chose. So comforting. Your card is gorgeous!! I love your colors and your used of punches and dies and the sunflower. Gorgeous my friend!!!
Have a great Sunday!!
Hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace your post is fabulous - both in words and art! What an encouraging truth you bring us this week! I love your card and all that detail! Your colours are perfect for that gorgeous image! Love it ! Thanks for sharing Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I love the those sunflowers and that pump it goes so well with the verse you chose today. Thanks for inspiration this morning.
{hugs}

Patti J said...

Gorgeous card, Grace, and what beautiful words that you share with us this week! Thanks, too, for the nice, warm welcome! Hugs!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love the image and your papers.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen W said...

Beautiful card!! I love it!

peggysue said...

Loved the thoughts you shared Grace, what a fabulous post this week! And such a gorgeous card, sunflowers are among my favorite flowers! Hugs and blessings to you this week.

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at ACLP:D

Lisa said...

This is a stunning creation! Sorry for your loss.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft Challenge!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Grace, your card is amazing and beautiful. What a wonderful, hopeful scripture to share with someone. Thank you for sharing this with us at A Crafty Little Place.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Velta said...

Simply put....Stunning!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Grace...I did notice the challenges when I was commenting yesterday. I so love your use of the brads. This creation is all around stunning my friend. Thanks for supporting the ODBD challenge!!
hugs,
Chris

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Grace, this is such a beautiful card and I'm definitely going to have to get me those sunflowers and die-cut now. Great message today too.

Miesje said...

WOW - great card! Your devotion was absolutely wonderful! By the way - I finally placed my first order with ODBD! Can't wait to get it!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Sweet, Grace, your card is over the top gorgeous!!! I love how you've combined the sunflowers and the new released well stamp...so amazing!!! Thanks for supporting the Shining the Light Challenge this week my friend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Grace - I agree with Sabrina - such a BEAUTY!!! hanks for joining us in the ODBD Shining Light Challenge this week! Have a blessed week!!!

Kelley said...

Love the fence look and the sunflowers surrounding it! So pretty!