Thursday, September 16, 2010

Be still and know...

It is time for Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time Challenge(SNTODBD18)! The assignment is ODBD stamps. Cheryl Walker is our challenge hostess this time. Cheryl is challenging us to ribbons and lace! When you think of ribbon and lace you are not just limited to the fabrics. If you have die cuts, punches, or even stamps that have a ribbon or lace look, name, or design, those can work, too. However, you do have to use both! We would love to see what you create using Our Daily Bread Design stamps!

I used this week's Midnight Madness Sketch for my card. I used this month's new Our Daily Bread designs releases Brocade Background and Brocade Borders. I also used an older set, Scripture Collection 3 for my verse, which I just love. I wanted to show that lots of verses will fit in these frames, not just the ones from this month's release. I LOVE this brocade backgrounder and these frames!!! For my card I started with a base of Sahara Sand and then stamped on a peachy pink solid page from BasicGrey's Cappella pack with Sahara Sand ink and the brocade background stamp. My flower is made with a combination of elements using scraps from the Cappella pack and the T Holtz big flower die cut, and the daisy shape from my Cricut "In my Garden" cartridge. I also sewed up a lace ringlet for the flower and adhered it all with a big vintage looking brad. My ribbon is May Arts Silk (yummy) and the lace is from my stash. The pearls are ZVA Creative.

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT Samples this week! They are truly stunning! Thanks Cheryl for a great challenge!!!
Angie
Fran
Chrissy
Sabrina
Connie
Chris
Betty
Cheryl

I am entering this in the following Challenges:
My Time To Craft - Jewelled
Gingerloft- Anything Goes
Fab 'N Funky- Photo Vibe
Timbro Scrapmania - Anything Goes
Stamping vacation- no brads or eyelets "NO, NO!" challenge
Pocket Full of Posies - Floral Frenzie (when I layered up this flower I was on a frenzy LOL!
Pile it On - There are five layers to my flower
Creatalicious - pink, brown and green - Ink is brown, bg ink is green as is print, bg paper and ribbon is pink
Stampin' for the Weekend - Shabby or Vintage
Flourishes Bring Back the Beautiful - Rustic Beauty (my card has a vintage feel)



Thanks for visiting! Have a blessed day!

37 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my giidness Grace, this is pure BEAUTY and elegance!!! That Brocade BG is so beautiful and looks like soft lace draped over the cs, your flowers is stunning and that gorgeous silk ribbon and pearls finishe this masterpiece off just perfectly!!! LOVE it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is beautiful! The lace and layered flower accenting is amazing! Gorgeous! Wonderful scripture card!

Kelley said...

Love this soft and beautiful card, Grace!!! The background is so pretty!!

Cheryl said...

WOW so very beautiful and your embellishments are gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Francie G. said...

Just gorgeous, Grace! Love the beautiful flower and all your wonderful details!

Crystal said...

Grace this is absolutely GORGEOUS, I LOVE LOVE your flower!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Patti J said...

I'm having trouble typing with my jaw on the floor... WowEE! What a gorgeous piece of art, Grace! Beautiful card, dear friend! You are amazing :)

Sarah said...

I love that giant flower! It's so pretty!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I so love your take on the sketch and your added texture. The lace flower is so gorgeous!! What an elegant creation my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Connie M. said...

Yowza,Grace! This is just amazing!! I am so loving what you have done with that flower you created!! Oh my!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie
MMDT-GD

Lori said...

Wow, love the flower with the lace! A gorgeous card all around.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Well, who's the challenge queen now?! Amazing work, darlin'!!!! It's perfect from corner to corner!!! Blessings, Angie

Gunn (Merete) said...

Really beautiful. Love the flower.
thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is just beautiful. Your flower is simply amazing. Such beauty and grace for my eyes to behold. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS, thanks for joining us at FnF

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
exactly the same in the past? Keep up the great work!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh this is stunning, Grace! I love the paper and that bouquet wth the lace and flower- GORGEOUS!!! Have a blessed weekend! (((HUGS!)))

Marianne's Craftroom said...

That flower is absolutely stunning and is a real focus of the card. Love the pearl swirl to enhance it too. Thanks for playing along at A Pocket Full of Posies. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

Giò said...

WOW!!! The flower, the bow, the lace, the sentiment..... all is perfect!!!
Thanks again for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Karen W said...

Just so pretty, this is above and beyond elegant!! Your papers and flower are awesome.

Gale said...

I love your lace and paper flower! What a pretty card.

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace,I love the image and your papers.
So gorgeous flowers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Tami said...

WOW love that flower Your card is so beautiful. Thanks so much for playing at the first Gingerloft challenge.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this card is just adorable! I love your flowers and the pearl swirls, along with your scripture!! Your cards are always a delight to see Grace - congratulations on your GOld Star last week too! 'Love this! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love having you play along and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful lace flower Grace!! Elegant as always! I hope you have had a wonderful week!

Helen Dooley said...

This is beautiful. Very exquisite.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Grace your card is Beautiful hun!!!! I love the flower,lace and your ribbon bow!!!

Natalie Z said...

WOW!! So gorgeous flowers and the details.!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs Natalie xx

pam124 said...

Grace, are you trying to win every week??? This is SO GORGEOUS as are all of your creations. I just can't believe my eyes every time. I should be used to it by now, but I never do get used to it. I'm always thrilled to look at your work!! Great job on the MMSC.

Hugs
pam

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I adore the Border corners!

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace~

What a wonderful card! I love the lace in the bg, and that flower is so beautiful! I wish you could show us how you made it!

That is one of my all time favorite verses. I learned it at a very young age...and have always known that it was true. I love the beautiful brocade frame you put around it with the ODBD Frame and Scripture. Great idea to show that it works around the larger Scriptures, too.

You are such a dynamic woman, artist, and Child of God.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Kathy Jones said...

*GASP* Grace this is absolutely stunning!!!! Love the vintage feel of this card and that gorgeous flower!!! Thanks for playing along the BBB challenge!!! :)

Karen McAlpine said...

Just lovely. Really like your lace accents! Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge blog.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace,wow what a gorgeous card you have created. Beautiful take on the sketch challenge this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi there!

I linked here from the MMSC sight and i just wanted to let you know that this is a really elegant card! One of my personal favs this week.

Hugs...Mona

Holly Moore said...

Congrats on MMSC Gold Star last week Grace. Your cards are always so beautiful to behold. This one included of course! That flower is amazing with the lace and paper combined. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD

Bec said...

This is so pretty. thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.. Bec xx