Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock in a garden sketch


Hello everyone! Today's Sketch over on SCS was just fantastic. I loved playing with it! I decided to use my Our Daily Bread Designs Ask Seek Knock set again, because I love the set and I thought it would work great with today's sketch.

I stamped the image on Aquarello Watercolor Paper twice with Sahara Sand and lightly colorwashed it. I cut out just the door frame so that I could pop it up on dimensionals. I also stamped a Stampendous Wall image in a continuous row to fill the second panel for the sketch. I then made two 3" medallions for the third panels of the sketch. To make them I cut a 3" square of white CS, then I used my Martha Stewart Edge Punch, centering on each side. When that was done I cut out the outside piece you normally have in a medallion, leaving just the lattice part. I lightly sponged them in Sahara Sand. I assembled this whole unit, popping it up off the card, matting the door frame onto a Cuttlebugged Always Artichoke panel which I hand cut to match the irregular shape of the door I had cut. Then I popped up the second frame on the first for more depth. I hope the side shot shows it.

My base for my card is Always Artichoke, then two different Anna Griffin Designer Papers. I used an Ornare Template to pierce the upper right corner. I added Primas and Hero Arts Gem Stones to the lower left. I used bits of Flower Soft as mossy greenery growing in the walls. To get this color I had to do some tweeking... I only had the baby soft pastel green and the Shamrock green, neither of which were right. I looked through my inks and found some True Thyme, so I mixed the two shades of FS I had in a container and added 1 drop of TT ink. Mixed well and I love the result... there are now various shades of green that go quite well with the CS.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to look and leave a comment! I appreciate that so much! Have a blessed day!

The Stamp Set, Ornare Piercing Template and Supplies and Flower Soft are available at the Our Daily Bread Designs Store.

24 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Grace, I love the flower soft as moss in the rocks - how perfect!!

Crystal said...

Oh my Grace another gorgeous creation, wow love how you used the flower soft...beautiful!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!!! I love your use of this set for the sketch!!!! I love the borders you created aroung the two squares. It looks like lattice and that paper is perfect for this set!! Great use of the flowersoft. You sure are rocking this set!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is amazing! And the way you dyed the flower soft to match is genius!! I will be trying this technique soon!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my goodness, this card is so absolutely amazing!!!! I love the flower soft moss thing you've got going on and all of those other details, they are just out fo this world GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW, if I would get a Grace original like that I would frame it! A true piece of ART!! Hugs, Sabrina

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the flower soft, and thanks for the great details in which you do your little master pieces :).

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful Grace! I like the borders around the two panels and how you cut out the sentiment frame. Beautiful card.

laos348 said...

Wow - the detail on your cards is always so amazing. This is another gorgeous card.

The Mama Monkey said...

Absolutely beautiful Grace! That flower soft is amazing on the wall! And the lattice is gorgeous!

Rosietoes said...

Grace you have such a eye for detail and this is stunning. :)

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is beautiful!!! Love all the details and cut work dimension. Wonderful scripture card!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wowsers Grace!! What another Stunning beauty!! Girl, you just keep popping out one masterpiece after another!! I'm in awe!!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. Super job on the sketch. I thinke these colors are perfect for this set. I am in love with that Ornare Template. I have one but have never used it. Takes more patience than I have right now.. .

JazzyH said...

I love how you did this card!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh, my, is this ever breathtakingly GORGEOUS, Grace! Every last detail is perfection. The flower soft is so beautiful! You win the blue ribbon for this one, my friend.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful design, Grace!!!! I love the wonderful image and the colors you used are soooo gorgoeus!!!! Love how you scalloped the background squares, too, and the piercing looks AWESOME!!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

As always, just gorgeous. everything is pretty, but I really love the medallions.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace I love your blog and I think your wonderful as are my other blogging buddies . so this is for you enjoy have a wonderful happy weekend.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MnarkCBNta0/R8NHpVJlJMI/AAAAAAAAAtY/IFCvql5S09c/s1600-h/blogbudsaward.jpg

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely card - great colours...quiet calming colours and words.
Best Wishes
Joyce in Northern Ireland

katiesniche said...

I always love to visit your blogs, it's one of my favorites (shhhh don't tell anyone else). Your cards are stunning, and this one certainly tops the charts! I love this set too, and your whole card 'pops'!!!

de said...

Wow this is amazing! So detailed and beautiful!

Rosietoes said...

Hi again Grace. Just popped back in to give you something. It's on my blog. Feel free to enjoy it or pass it on as you like. :)
Thank you for such an inspiring blog. :)

Candy F. said...

Beautiful card. I have always loved this scripture.