Saturday, June 20, 2009

Masculine Quiet Waters

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! My Grand Kids are here and we are having a blast, but I had made this card a while ago and wanted to share it with you now. I wanted a masculine rendition of this fabulous June released set from Our Daily Bread Designs. If I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE this set! LOL! I know I have mentioned it but I really do!

For this card I used a Navy base from my stash, and the DP is from K&Co Citronella Pack. I loved the swirly blue because it is so water like... and the green just makes me think of a lush meadow. I stamped the image on H2O paper with Archival Jet Black Ink and watercolored with inks. The colors I used were Soft Sky, Bordering Blue, Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and More Mustard. The ribbon is from Michaels and reminds me of a tie my hubby has. I added Dew Drops from the 'Lily Pad" colors by The Robin's Nest.

Be sure to check out Our Daily Bread Designs every week for the Super Sunday Sale!

Every Sunday ODBD will offer a different item at a sale price at Our Daily Bread designs that will be effective for a whole week! Check back often to see what new item is up for special pricing.

For this week's Super Sunday Special it's a Punch-A-Bunch Frenzy! All Martha Stewart, Fiskars and EK Success punches are 25% off! There will be no rainchecks so make sure to get in on this fabulous deal, but hurry! Punch sale will end Sunday, June 21 at 12:00 AM EST. Then Sunday a new sale will be announced!!!

NOTE: Sale prices will be reflected in your shopping cart.
Be sure to be on the look out for the next Super Sunday Special announcement!

Enjoy the savings!!!

Have a blessed weekend!

15 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is gorgeous! You do such beautiful work! Your coloring is perfect!!!! And love the design!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another beauty Grace!!! Love your masculine card!!! Fab coloring and layout!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
I love the card it is very masculin!
the DEER is Beautiful and everything about it is just so perfect I just love your Cards.
I do hope your Hubby has a wonderful Dads day tomorrow. Please wish him a very Happy Dads day for us too.
~God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Gloria Dojlido said...

Beautifully done Grace. I love the layout and your colouring is wonderful.

Gina Lindsay said...

Enjoy the time with your grandkids! Beautiful card, you always do such awesome work!! I really love that ribbon.

Traci M said...

The ribbon adds a bit of whimsy to this natural watercoloring...I love your use of colors here Grace!
Enjoy your time with the grandkids this weekend!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Grace. Your coloring is wonderful and a fun frame!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Grace and such gorgeous colouring!!! Fabulous design too!!! Love the new look blog and cool banner!!!! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Love your 'make over' on your Blog and the new banner - you go girl! I still have to work out the banner business!!! Love this card Grace - you have created a masterpiece!! Your colours and colouring are gorgeous!! Glad you are enjoying your grandchildren!! God bless you!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Zo Mooi....
Hugs Riet.x

peggysue said...

That's very pretty Grace, I like the blue panel. Very nicely done.

Kim said...

This is just beautiful. You used such soft, soothing colors.

Stephanie said...

I bet you & your grandkids are having a great time!! Love the colors you used here :)

Crystal said...

Grace WOW what a wonderful masculine creation!!! Wonderful card!

Angella D. Crockett said...

It may be a masculine card, but it is beeeeeeutiful!!! Your colors are so crisp and bright....I love it!!!!