Monday, June 1, 2009

Two New Our Daily Bread Sets... Available TODAY!

Hello everyone and happy June!!! Today is a big day... it's the day these two new Our Daily Bread Sets are available in the Store!

This set is called "Ask, Seek, Knock" and features a great old world door image and several wonderful sentiments. For today's card I chose to just use a sentiment and frill it up a bit... making it quite feminie. I think I was in a green mood as both my cards for today are in shades of green. Well... at least they match on the page! LOL!

Anyway... this card is on a base of mellow moss and then a mat of brushed gold from the Paper Co. and then the DP is BasicGrey Porcelain.

For my sentiment, I stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold on Vellum for some softness. Behind that I mounted a punched Medallion, and the tutorial for that is found here . I made mine 3 1/2" square instead of the 2 3/4" on the tutorial.

My frame is a brass stencil (Marianne Design - Holland) which I dry embossed and hand cut. Then I did it again with the gold layer and cut it just a bit larger as a mat. My cutting is not perfect but it's the best I could do. Boy do I love Nesties!!! LOL! To give some depth and interest to the frame I rubbed some gold metallic from Craf-T Products. The corners are pierced with an Ornare stencil from the Our Daily Bread Designs Store. I love the fine imprints Ornare make! I used two groups of tiny Prima Flowers (Fleur de paquet de trio). To them I added some gold cording and attached with glue dots. The frame itself is up on dimensionals.




This is the second set I wanted to show you today. This set is called Quiet Waters and I just love this one! There are so many different things that you can do with it! The sentiments are wonderful!

For this card I used the Recessed Window Frame technique. I had originally done this as a Spitcoast Technique Lovers Challenge but when I went to the resources page to link to it, I could not find it there any more. Perhaps after a given amount of time they remove them? If anyone is really interested I can try to email you the instructions. I will say that I had to change up the instructions a bit to accomodate my rectangular design. The instructions are for a square card. If anyone knows the link to that tutorial, please let me know and I will add it to this post. Anyway... this little window frame actually has some depth to it which I had trouble capturing in a photo, but the side view shows it a bit.

My inspiration for this card came from the designer paper, which is Karen Foster. It reminded me of a Monet or some other great piece of watercolor art, so that dictated my colors and my coloring.

I stamped the image on Aquarello 140 lb watercolor paper and did a wet on wet watercolor, just painting in a sort of sunset in the sky. I also had to bring the scene forward some to fit my rectange. To do that I just watercolored the scene forward to where I wanted it and then took a fine black marker and drew in lines similar to the stamped image. I think it blended pretty well.

This card is on a base of Mellow Moss, matted in So Saffron and then the Karen Foster DP. The sentiment is stamped on Memory Box Butterfield DP, punched with the SU! slot punch and ribbon was wrapped through. The ribbon came from Michaels but is a super match for mellow moss and it is wired so I could do some shaping without any glue at all. The little bronze flower and brad is from Hobby Lobby. I loved the soft colors of this dp and I hope you enjoy this set.

Now for some REAL inspiration, go visit Jane, Judy, Kathy and Lorelie
to see more treasures with these sets!

Thanks for looking! Have a blessed day!!!













28 comments:

Crystal said...

OH Grace ! These cards are SO very beautiful ! I am in awe of your recent work . You are really knocking them out of the park !!! Just gorgeous ! Big hugs !

Judy Rozema said...

TOTALLY stunning!! Wowsers!

Crystal said...

Grace these are absolutely STUNNING!!! Love the flowers and the frame on the first one...WOW!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - fabulous cards - Grace!!! I love how you used these new Set's!!!

Becky said...

These are stunning girl, I love the all the details you used on the first one, and your coloring is awesome on this second one.

Amy Sheffer said...

So incredible, Grace! Love the frame treatment, flowers, and piercing on the first. And your coloring is amazing on the second. The way you did the sky is amazing. Great ribbon treatment, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Outstanding Grace! these are both fantastic from the coloring, ribbons, pearls, framing all your details are fantastic!

Betty Wright said...

Both are so stunning and gorgeous, Grace!!! Love the colors, the coloring, and all the wonderful details. Beautifully done!!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Grace....STUNNING creation!! It looks like a watercolor painting!!

Jane Wetzel said...

these are just AMAZING Grace!!! WOW, WOW AND WOWWWWW!!!!!

Riet said...

Ohh Grace,what a beautiful cards,l ove the images and papers.
So beautiful colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Grace!!!! Your first card is blowing me away!!!! Really, pure elegance and beauty there!!! The second card is a stunning picture of what I imagine when I read this scripture. Grace, both of your cards are truly pieces of art and would get a special place IN a frame at my house. Hugs, Sabrina

Mary said...

Beautiful cards - I especially love the first one! Very nice -

I just started a new Yahoo Group called Stamping Bloggers - hope you'll join!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampingbloggers/

Rosietoes said...

These cards are beautiful Grace. There's no other word for it. Superb. TFS

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Okay, Gracie-girl, you need to come pick up my jaw from the floor as my mouth is totally agape at these heavenly and gorgeous and elegant creations! You really knocked these out of the ball park. WOW! WOW! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Thud!! Oh my word this is gorgeous Grace!!! I love the framing, the flowers, well...I love everything about it!! What a luscious bow on that second card!!
--Hugs Becca

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

OH Grace these are just totally and absolutely STUNNING!!!! Lovin' those tiny primas and your gorgeous layouts and that FABO bow!!! :)

Kathy Jones said...

***THUD*** What can I say Grace....two ABSOLUTELY STUNNING cards!!!! So elegant and such perfect details!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! These are both absolutely over the top gorgeous!! Your frame around the sentiment on the Ask Seek Knock card along with the piercing and roses is magnificent! The soft green and soft coloring is so tranquil on the Quiet Waters card! Very elegantly done Grace!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Wowzer, Grace, your cards are more than stunning! Priceless ... And I love the recessed window technique! Blessings!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh MY!!! These are STUNNING Grace!! Your framing of the first is GORGEOUS!! LOVE the rose trios and the colors!!

And the ribbon and coloring of the second is fabulous!! WOWsers!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Grace! These are both outstanding!!!!! Your colors and details are amazing!!! (BTW, the recessed window technique is TLC206...it's on the Monday challenge thread.)
God Bless! Angella

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace these are stunning!!!! The frame on the first and the ribbon on the other are just gorgeous! Love them Grace!!

peggysue said...

In *shock!* Wow, all I can do is repeat what the others have said, just stunning.

jami said...

Wow!! Grace...these are truly works of art. That deer looks like he might walk right off the card! Stunning! You won the Shimmerz Spritz on my blog - so be sure to send me your addy!! {hugs}

Kelley said...

Grace, these are both so amazing! I cannot believe how pretty they both are! WOW!!!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

These are both beautiful cards Grace! Your coloring of the water is absolutely amazing, looks so real. Love the colors you used on both cards and the all of the wonderful details! Perfect!

The Mama Monkey said...

The flowers on the top card and the ribbons on the bottom are just stunning! What great use of embellishments to accent your cards!