Friday, June 26, 2009

Grow in Grace and Amazing Grace Sneak Peeks

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have another Sneak Peek for you of two more of the wonderful sets being released by Our Daily Bread Designs on July 1! I used the stand alone pop up card as my submission for The Next Level's project for this week. The card itself was easy to put together and I really had fun making it. Believe it or not, it does fold totally flat and fits in an envelope!

The July releases at Our Daily Bread Design are so special... and I have to say, these two are among my favorites. Did I mention that this release is not for 2 sets, 3 sets... but 5 new sets, and they are related... so this card uses the Image and sentiment from one set called "Grow in Grace" and the Sheet Music which is stamped lightly on the bg of my image panel is from "Amazing Grace". How could I not love these??? I'm sorry my sheet music doesn't show in the photo but it's there.

Anyhoo....My base is Bazzill Textured CS and I used GPW for a swiss dot embossed panel on the pop up part. I stamped the beautiful Dogwood image and the sentiment on GPW with Archival Jet Black. I stamped several extra flowers and I watercolored them with Our Daily Bread Design's new product... fantastic Inks... more about them soon! I also used Sahara Sand, Regal Rose and a White Signo Gel Pen. I sponged my colors on my GPW on the matting for my image and on the sentiment panel, as well as another piece that I used to cut out my scrolly QuicKutz die cuts. I had cut my sentiment with my long rectangle nestie and left it in the die while I sponged to give the framed effect. On the Label 4 panel that my Dogwood is mounted on I lightly overstamped the Sheet Music from "Amazing Grace" in Sahara Sand. I wanted only a light hint and that is what I got, so the photo doesn't show it at all. Sorry about that! I then spritzed all the sponged paper with Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold, and let dry. I cut out lots of dogwood blooms, curled the petals on my piercer and used dimensionals to adhere to my card. I added stickles to the centers of the flowers (which don't show) but I really do like how this came out. I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek... I am so loving these new sets I'm having trouble wanting to use anything else right now!!! LOL!

Have a blessed weekend!
Photobucket

30 comments:

peggysue said...

Grace that is just lovely, you are using soem of my favorite color combinations! And that pop up box card, what fun! I like new techniques and layouts, I'll definitely have to try one of those. Great detail and I can understand why you don't want to stop playing with these gorgeous new sets.

Becky said...

Grace, you seem to out do yourself every time I come by here :)This is elegant, I am loving these new stamps I am peek seeing.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, you never cease to amaze me with your creations. Everything is always so very perfect and just right for the project. You truly are using your God given gift, thank you for sharing it with us. Hugs and be blessed, Sabrina

Jami said...

So beautiful Grace!! I love all the dimension!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! hugs...

Connie M. said...

This is just so very pretty, Grace! All the cut out flowers...WOW!! Stunning!

Cassie said...

Wow, Grace, this is totally stunning!

Stephanie said...

Grace, this is lovely!

Rosietoes said...

Grace I love this style of card anyway but this is beyond description. As someone else has said each time I visit I am totally awed by your beautiful cards. Each one surpasses the last. I love the colours you have used and the way you have put the elements together. Outstanding!

Judy Rozema said...

Simply STUNNING!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Grace, this is so gorgeous! Your colors are amazing and I love the pop-up card!

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Grace!!! Fabulous colors, coloring, and I love the all the cut work detailing!!!! Stunning!!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace, you are blowing us away with this fabulous creation! I am just stunned! WOW!!!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh Grace!!! What a joy it is to visit your blog - always full of amazing creations and this is no exception!!! Absolutely stunning my friend and I'm gobsmacked that it folds flat!!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful cards and great blog!

Lovely Linda said...

What a masterpiece Grace - totally wonderful! Love the colours and images. your card is just 'out of this world!' You are amazing Grace, with all of the details that make your card so special!!! Thanks for sharing! God bless you!

Riet said...

what beautiful Grace,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dell said...

This is gorgeous! I love how these stamp sets go together and provide beautiful scripture as well.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Totaly stunning so elegent and beautifullxxx
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS creation - Grace!!! I soooo love this!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Deborah Saaranen said...

What an amazing design Grace! Your color choices and beautiful coloring are so beautiful!

Denise said...

Grace this is absoluetly stunning! :)

Kim P said...

love the vivid colors...very pretty!!

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous....

Anonymous said...

Phenominal job Grace. I love all the dimension.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
as usual your work is out standing.
Now I am paying it forward so if you would please go visit my blog and I hope you will accept what is there.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

JazzyH said...

Wow that is beautiful!

Kelley said...

Woo hoo...love this! Very cool project!!!

Shirley said...

Very very beautiful. I really love dogwood too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Grace!! I could stare at this creation forever!! What an awesome creation!!!