Sunday, July 18, 2010

Built according to the plan

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! Today, It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge and I am the hostess today. I chose Psalm 127:1a for today's Scripture:

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.

I wrote a devotional which is on the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog, and I hope you'll stop by there and read it. The" short" version is basically that God is our Master Builder. He has a blueprint (plans) for each one of us. If we go off on our own, building our lives without consulting or knowing the master plan, we're going to make a mess of things! When we carefully follow the Master's plan, He makes something beautiful out of our lives. We need to humbly admit that we NEED the guidance and direction of our Master Builder. Matt. 7:24 tells us that the wise man builds his house on the rock of God's Word and obeys Him. When the rains fall and the floods come, and the winds blow, that house will not fall, for it has a firm foundation on the rock. Let's make sure we are following God's plan for our lives!

My challenge is: Use an image of something that is "built" using a set of plans ... a house, church, school, automobile, even a bird house, swing set ...anything that would be built according to a set of plans. There's lots of room for interpretation here... so I can't wait to see what you come up with!

For my take on the challenge, I used the July Our Daily Bread designs release "Bless This Home". The card is 5 x 7. The image is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics. I used my new CB Brocade Window Embossing Plus Plate on GPWhite. I matted with green Bazzill and mounted on Gray Bling Bazzill. I added some CB Victorian corners, a Spellbinder's Label 4 for the sentiment which is embossed in silver and matted with a CB Ironworks die cut. A sheer silver bow finishes it off.

Our Sponsor this week is Wink Wink Ink. Be sure to check out the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog for all the details!

We'd love to have you play along... if you do, please place a link to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog in your post, and place a direct link to your project on the SSCC thread.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!

Here's links to the rest of the team to make it easier for you!

Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Lisa
Miesje
Rebekkah

Thank you so much for looking and for your sweet comments! They mean so much! Have a blessed week! I will be returning home tomorrow after a wonderful visit with my sister!

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning Grace!! I so love the embossing folder you used and your stunning coloring!! Gorgeous!!! You rock! I so miss you!
hugs,
Chris

Irene said...

Thanks for the inspiration in the card. I love your use of the embossing folder and spellbinders dies--the card is stunning. But more importantly, thanks for the beautiful words about our Master--an important reminder to all of us!!

Becky said...

Grace this is stunning, I love this cottage and love how you framed it. Wonderful challenge and devotional today. :)

Miesje said...

Thanks so much for your beautiful sharing and the wonderful card. I loved both! Have a wonderful week!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

So elegant grace with all of your beautiful embossing. God bless you!

Irena said...

Awesome card.

Lori said...

Stunning!!! Beautifully said as well. Thanks for the inspiration, Grace.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Such a lovely card, Grace! And I thank you for your inspiring devotional... a great reminder of what is truly important.

Hugs,
Lisa

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,What a wonderful card,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

hugs Riet.xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - your post is fabulous - both the art and your words! I love your embossing and the Nestie - what a beautiful combination! You are inspiring Grace - thank you! {{{hugs}}}

MADDY said...

AMEN!! What a wonderful devotional and very GORGEOUS card Grace! I love that embossing frame and your image and coloring of it is so nice and really POPS! =) Great job! Thanks for sharing your heart today. Hope you have a blessed week!

Kristine said...

Oops, that last comment was ME, not my daughter Maddy, LOL! I was moderating her blog comments and forgot to sign out. ((HUGS))

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace. I've just ordered a sheet of English cottage stamps and this has given me such inspiration. Thank you.

Edna x

Kary said...

Thank you, Grace, for the beautiful sharing. It was a wonderful reminder to put my trust & hope in God always. Thanks for the lovely comments you left me as well. Have a blessed day!