Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Craft's Meow... Just for You

CM-embossed-doily

Hello everyone! I'm excited to be Guest Designing for my dear friend and SSIC sister, Lisa Hjulberg, who has recently opened a new on line store, and it is so fun! It's called the Craft's Meow and she carries wonderful stamps, many of which are exclusive to her store, as well as fantastic kits! You have simply GOT to check out the line up of talent she has working for her as well! Today I'm sharing a set designed by the talented Nina Brackett called Simply Delightful. There are lots of great images and sentiments in the set but I decided to focus on this one image which I stamped three times. First I stamped on the Webster's Pages dp first in VersaMark, then Old Olive, and clear embossed. Then I stamped on a scrap of white cs with VersaMark and then Groovy Guava, and again clear embossed. Thirdly I stamped in VersaMark and then Black and clear embossed that. I was trying to mimic the pattern in my Websters Pages (Lullaby Lane/Life's Portrait pack) dp. I cut out the guava and black deisgn and popped each layer up on the green base. I also stamped the sentiment with Black in the lower right corner. I matted with basic black, and used two Spellbinder's Fancy Tags Two which I then cut in half and mounted to the back of the corners of my image panel. I popped that layer up on the patterned paper and added a May Arts Silk bow and one single pearl. I think the picture below shows the embossing a little better.

CM-embossed-doily-detail

I love this set and see myself using it often! I hope you enjoyed my project and will stop back as I have another set of cards made with this set to share with you soon!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - #35 Anything goes, Optional Kraft, Creative Belli - #117 Anything starting with S (silk ribbon), Penny's Paper-Crafty -#53 Anything Goes, Jac-Inks Papercraft Challenges - Heat Embossing, Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge -Use Orange Somewhere in Project, Midnight Madness - SKETCH, Karens Doodles -Bold & bright, Make it Monday - Always anything goes, There's Magic in the Air -Embossing (dry or heat), Emerald Faerie Garden - Anything goes, Scrappy Frogs - Anything goes,

Blessings!

26 comments:

NinaB said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Grace. I love how you layered your focal image. I have to try that. It truly is stunning.

Unknown said...

Hello Grace, I love this card, wonderful technique! It reminds me of a mandala!! Very pretty. Hugs, Frea

America said...

Hi Grace!!! So happy to see you playing with the MM Team! wow- this is such beautiful work!!! Great take on the MM sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness Challenge blog this week. SURE DO Hope to see you again next time my sweet friend!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

I've been eyeing this set myself, Grace. You've done a fantastic job of highlighting it! (Which, of course, fuels the fire of my 'want it'!) And a great job of mimicking that DP!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, just so pretty, I think I could get lost on your blog a week just looking at the beautiful things you make over and over again.

Blessings, Lori m

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace that is just lovely - love what you have done with the centre-piece and how you have mimicked the the dp.
Blessings
Maxine

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! What beautiful work you do! This is a magnificent card! This particular paper is perfect with the image. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could return the visit here. A person needs a little nudge to get out and discover once in a while. What a wonderful visit I've had here today. Thank you!

Irene said...

Hello Grace

Thank you so much for browsing my blog and leaving me such a kind comment, I appreciate this.

I've been browsing your blog and WOW your cards are stunning and gorgeous. I've added you into my favourites and will be calling back.

irene
xxxx

Ann Craig said...

Your card is stunning Grace. I love the stark contrast achieved with the black, and the layered focal point is great. Thank you so much for sharing with us at jac-inks heat embossing challenge.

Donna Moore said...

Oh this set is just magnificent and you have showcased it brilliantly! I love the colors you have chosen, your mimicking of the dp and that glorious clear embossing to give the depth. Such a masterpiece from such an awesome talent! Thank you for sharing with us this week on MM, we look forward to seeing more of your art in the future!!
donna
prisicillastyles/DT

Hannah Clark said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the layered images and the black ribbon tops it off nicely! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning creation. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Polished Moxie said...

What a beautiful card. The color combination is eye-catching.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Grace! You've mimicked the paper so well.

Maria Matter said...

this is so so lovely Grace!!!
I'm so glad you shared it with us @ Creative Belli this week!
hugs & blessings!
enjoy your wknd!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What a wonderful stamp set! Nina is SO talented! You've done a marvelous job of enhancing it with this artful card, marvelous!

Hugs to you! Hope you're having a lovely weekend Grace!!

Rushd Lady said...

Love the medallion card! :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the DP and the layered medallions! Stunning! Hope you are having a good weekend so far! Hugs!

Shelly Schmidt said...

The DSP is absolutely perfect with the image!!! Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Belli Blog 'S' Challenge.

Kerrie said...

OMG, this is stunning. off the visit the craft meow!

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Velta said...

I could have sworn I commented on this creation...so beautiful Grace! Very delicate and surprisingly soft! TFS my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Grace!! I just love the bright colors paired with the black. So elegant!
hugs,
Chris

Debbles Dabbles said...

Wow, very elegant card. Love the paper, the stamp, the big black bow. Thanks for joining us at Jac-inks. Hope you will join us again.

Monique said...

Simply Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

Ali said...

What a beautiful card look absolutely delicious use fantastic color in designing....

Scratch Card Printing
clear business cards
Membership card printing