Sunday, May 29, 2011

If I could save time in a bottle...Sneak Peek!

If-I-could-save-time-in-a-b

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! For my American friends.... Happy Memorial Day! For those who are serving in the armed forces, who have served, and those whose loved ones are serving.... I want to say thank you! We will remember... we are grateful for all your sacrifices! My own husband is a war vet, and I just want to give special honor today to all who so selflessly give their lives for their country!

With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, and this week our hostess is the sweet and uber talented Kristine Breech! Kris has chosen Ecc. 3:14 for our Scripture:

"I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."

Kris has given us a fabulous sketch to follow this week... and we are to follow it exactly.... nothing added, nothing taken away.




I am giving you a sneak peek at some wonderful new sets coming your way from Our Daily Bread designs beginning on June 1! The clock image is from a set called Time, and it has several fabulous sentiments and Scriptures in it. The sentiment I used today is from a new Blessings series, and this is called Save Time. Many of you will remember these words to the Jim Crose song that many of us romantically listened to thinking of the love of our lives back in the early 1970s! What you may not remember is that this song was written for Jim's then unborn son, and became a number one hit just a few weeks after Jim was killed in a plane crash. I don't know what Jim's spiritual state was, but certainly his death drives home an uncanny fact... THIS life is NOT eternal! I have personally lost most of my family, even a sibling, and many dear friends. There is nothing like the death of one we love to make us think more seriously about eternity!

As I ponder the words of this song... the desire to "save every day until eternity passes away just to spend them with you", while it sounds wonderful and romantic from a human perspective... from God's perspective, it's even more wonderful to realize that eternity will NEVER pass away! Returning to this week's verse... "everything God does is forever." God IS eternal! It is one of His many attributes. Another of His attributes is His Holiness. God can't just pretend that sin doesn't exist... so He provided the way for us to be made righteous in His eyes, so that we can spend eternity with Him, and with all those who have come to know Him as their Savior and Lord. We're told in Romans 3:22 that God gives us the gift of righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ (and the work He did on the cross). It is a free gift (Romans 3:24) but it is only ours if we accept it! When we do receive this gift, our sins are forgiven and we are clothed in the righteousness of Christ! Our eternity is secured!

Eternity will NEVER pass away... it IS for eternity! When I think of this song, as well as this Scripture, ... I am filled with joy because I am so blessed to know that ALL of my immediate family and most of my extended family and friends have accepted this gift of Jesus' righteousness in this life time, and thus I KNOW that I WILL spend eternity with them all, along with the One who gave His life for me! I don't need to save time in a bottle, because Jesus has already provided our heavenly eternity for us! I hope I'll also be spending it with You too!

Our sponsor this week is Sweet 'N Sassy!
We want to thank Korin for her generosity!
The winner will be able to choose THREE free digis!

For complete details on the challenge and our sponsor, and Kris' wonderful devotional, please see the SSIC Blog.
For more inspiration on today's challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Kris, Sabrina, & MariLynn
Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - A sentiment/card for a male, Charisma Cardz - Card for a male, Craft Us Crazy - Remembrance and/or love, Digi Doodle Shop's Best- Anything goes, Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Metal embellishments, Pals Paper Arts - Brads (in the center of my sprocket), Paper Romance - Distressing, Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Vintage, Crafting for all Seasons - Anything goes, Truly Scrumptious - #57 Anything Goes, Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes, Top Tip Tuesday - Use 2 or More Stamps, 2 Sisters - #41 Anything Goes, Craft Your Days Away - #21 Fathers Day/Special Man, Totally Gorjuss - #82 String or Twine


Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a blessed week!

43 comments:

Hellma said...

Grace your card is wonderful, I love the verse you have used and I love the scripture too.

Anonymous said...

Hello Grace - well, I would have to say this would have to be my all time favourite card of yours AND ODBD sets! I love the monochromatic colour and the details - well played Grace - you are always inspiring! I love your words from the heart and the truth you share!! Thank you my friend! {{{hugs}}}
Lovely Linda

Becky said...

Good morning Grace!! I am loving the sneak peek from ODB, gorgeous card.
Great insight into the scripture this morning.
love ya
hugs :)

dj1952 said...

This is such a beautiful card. The sentiment is just as lovely. Thanks for joining us at DDSB. Hugs, dj

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Grace! I LOVE this card! Awesome...your post today is beautiful...hope u r well!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amen Grace! He IS forever! And I can't wait to see all my loved ones again some day.

Your card is beautiful! I love the little nautical wheel in the corner. Brilliant!

Love and hugs to you, my dear friend.
Lisa

Kristine said...

Yes, I was actually singing that song as I read it on your card! LOL - what a GORGEOUS card this is Grace. Thank you for doing such a fabby job on this sketch! And what a blessing to have the assurance of spending eternity with so many family and friends!!

Have a wonderful [long] weekend! Hugs *Ü*

Jani said...

Grace, your card is just gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Audrey said...

What a gorgoeus card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen said...

What a lovely card Grace, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Another wonderful card, Grace, and thank you for your thoughts :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace!

This set is going to be a VERY popular set, I am sure! Your card is so fabulous! I love the different layers, and how it looks a bit worn. I love the gadget on the top of the verbage, too. I have been looking for a time "piece" stamp...unsure of what exactly I wanted...this is it! I wanted Roman numerals and/or gears and handles. This can be used with SO MANY Scriptures.

Grace, I know I will be there in Heaven to spend eternity with you. Thank you for your boldness in your writing. It is one of the many things I admire about you. You may have been instrumental in leading someone to Christ today, with your carefully chosen words. Thank you for sharing from your heart...which is so clearly for the Lord, Christ Jesus!

Have a safe and wonderful and I know it will be meaningful Memorial Day Weekend.

He IS Able,
Traci S.
Give Away Ends Midnight Monday!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com


p.s. I can not leave a comment under GOOGLE ACCOUNT...but it will usually work if you do it under anonymous!

Anonymous said...

A LITTLE HELPFUL HINT:

Grace, I hope you don't mind my sharing this:

EVERYONE: It will accept the commentif you use ANONYMOUS, if it will not accept your comment under GOOGLE.

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully masculine, Grace! Love the warm tones, design, and the hardware is too cool! Love this new image and sentiment! Great card!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card (can't wait for the ODBD set) and your words of inspiration are just as beautiful. Can't wait to meet you in heaven my friend as we walk and talk with out Lord.

velta said...

Oh my stars...(no one says that anymore)...how perfectly beautiful Grace...the saying made me sing the song when I saw it...must have made a "hit" with me...TFS and Happy Memorial Day to you and yours !!

Michele Roos said...

Such a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious Challenge. Hugs
Michele x

Sharon said...

A really beautiful card. Loved reading your sentiment, what a beautiful one it is. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week. hugs and blessings, Sharon x

Elena C said...

Grace, I want you to know how much I appreciate your comments on your blog today about Ecc. WOW you have a beautiful way with words and are not afraid to say it out loud. His Word never returns empty so we know that it will touch the hearts and lives of many readers.
Blessings as you share His Word,

Melanie C said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card.Love the sepia tones and the vintage feel.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I would so love to have some saved time too! would be awesome! could save it at night while I was sleeping! lol!

Awesome card love the style, Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha

Ps please consider turning off work verification thanks :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hunny! thanks for your coming to my blog to leave a reply to my last post!! I totally understand! :)

Miesje said...

Grace I love this! Yes - I remember that song very well (see I am older than I look) LOL! Great card, great devotion! Have a wonderful week!

Jennipher said...

I absolutely love it Grace!

Phillipa said...

lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff

Natasha said...

What a wonderfully beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. Hope to see you again soon.

Natasha
craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Wow! This card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

Hi Grace, just a quick note to let you know that you may want to check out this post at my blog!(wink, wink)

Unknown said...

Great job on a masculine card, this really stands out, like the tone and colors you've achieved. And yes, that eternal assurance is the moment I want stopped to remember, nothing on this earth, but my eternity? What a wonderful thing that its going to go on for . .. eternity! :)

Anniebee said...

Oh, Grace, I absolutely love this! I was a huge fan of Jim Croce and was saddened by the loss of such a talented song writer way before his time should have come. Those lyrics are so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us again this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Anniebee
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, this is so awesome!! Love the brown tones and your perfect little details! Blessings and hugs, Angie

craftymum said...

A wonderful Card. Thank you for joining us at TG this week
hugs sarah x
p.s. I have blog candy on offer on my blog

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Beautiful!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Amy said...

WOW!! Awesome card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments.

Lesley said...

Great card, the sentiment is lovely. Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grae, sweet Grace, your card is absolutely stunning to say the least!! So much amazing detail....love it!! Hugs and blessings,Sabrina

Wendy M said...

Oh Wow again this week Grace. If I had a £1 for every beautiful creation you have produced, I would be a very wealthy woman.

Thank you once again for visiting my blog and leaving words of encouragement. You are so very much appreciated by so many others and myself.

Hugs
Wendy xx

lynne said...

Great card! Love the design and great detail!


Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our Love/remembrance challenge!

Lynne x

Shirley said...

Have always loved his words as he sang them. Love your card and the justice you did his words!!

Dragonlady said...

Wonderful card Grace, love the distressing. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my bookmarks. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!
[url=http://www.bestdigitalcamerasreview.net]Nikon Camera Reviews[/url]