Sunday, May 15, 2011

TCM Little Frieda at the shore preview!

Frieda-at-the-Shore

Hooray! I am thrilled to introduce you to one of the two Little Frieda stamp sets that will be released on Sunday, May 15th at The Craft's Meow. This is Little Frieda at the Seashore. Little Frieda is walking barefoot in the sand, and comes with a little birdie and three greetings. I absolutely adore her and she is so fun to color!!!


Little-Frieda-shore-detail

I also am honored to have been chosen at Catered Crop to provide the recipe for this week's challenge! I hope you'll play along! See the recipe here... choose as many items as you wish.... just have fun! I chose the colors or brown, navy and red, I have a nautical dp, and my coloring mediums are stamp ink and Copics. I used bakers twine and a lacey shell punched border for the embellishment ingredients.

I started with a base of Gina K Tan Leather, and then added designer paper from Webster's Pages Yacht Club, which is part of a triple play pack. My image is colored with Copics, cut with Spellbinders Curvy Rectangle, and I made a shell border using a Martha Stewart punch and tan leather cs. I kept the embellishments simple with twine and a white star button tied with baker's twine.

Be sure to leave a comment on all of the design team blogs so that you'll have more chances of winning Little Frieda at the Seashore for yourself! Three of you will be selected randomly from three of the design team blogs to win this stamp set! You have until tonight at 10:00 pm Pacific to make the rounds. The winner will be announced in tomorrow's post over at The Craft's Meow Blog!

You might also want to pop over to Ivana's blog ... she's also got a bit of blog candy going that you just might be interested in!


Have a great day!

29 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, what a treat your blog is! beautiful cards and projects, grace! thanks for joining the hop!

A-M said...

This is a very patriotic card! I love it! :)

Hellma said...

gorgeous

Miesje said...

Love it! I adore the paper and Frieda is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love your card and the Father's Day one, you always know just how to make them look so pretty.

Blessings, Lori m

Unknown said...

This is so precious! I love all your details! ~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, when I saw the sneak peek I could not figure out what little Frida was doing.....now I know :D:D!! Amazing coloring my sweet friend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Julia Aston said...

Perfect paper for your little Seashore Frieda Grace - love the punched framing!

Lynda said...

So nautical and so v v clever. The small details are what makes this card so beautiful. I love the sailboat.

Unknown said...

Oh Grace, what a fantastic card! Just adorable.
hugs,
Gini

Crystal said...

AWW Grace this is just sooo darling and PERFECT!!! I love how this feels sooooo nautical AWESOME!! Have a wonderful weekend hun!

Gaby said...

Perfect for summer invitations :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer Scull said...

I so love the baker's twin you used here. just a precious card! :)

Helen L said...

I just love your card!! All the details you added were such a perfect fit for the feeling of summer and sand! Thanks for sharing :-)

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this card, Grace - the yacht on be dp is fascinating :-), and wee Fredia is just gaw-juss and you have coloured her beautifully.
Blessings
MAxine

Unknown said...

That little boat is amazing. What a great card Grace!

Sue from Oregon said...

Grace, what a gorgeous card and so beautifully photographed as well.

Sue D said...

Very cute--great coloring.

Becky Dunham said...

Wow Grace - this is amazing! So much going on and i love it all! Right down to the little bit of sand under Frieda's feet :) Love the background papers and the stamps and the twine and the print - just everything!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Rema DeLeeuw said...

very nice...

Unknown said...

This is really great - love how you used the newsprint for the sail of the boat!

Lagene said...

This so wonderful! I love the printed work sail!

Anita Rex said...

Love that pattern paper! It's the perfect choice for this card! :> Also love your bible verse on the side! :>

Adeline Ng said...

Hi Grace, Frieda is such a cutie pie! I love how you color her and I love the Webster's page pattern paper too! Thanks for dropping by and giving me such encouraging comments! And yes, if you send me your address, I would make a box for you together with something uniquely Singapore! Just send me an email to : moonfragrance17@gmail.com

Davi said...

Wow Grace I think this is a fabulous card!! I love the layers and all the details to go with sweet Frieda! Also wanted to say thanks for taking the time to come back by after blogger wiped out most of the comments, very sweet of you:) Have a blessed weekend!

NancyD said...

I love all the elements of your card. The image is cute and you have a very creative way of doing the sail for the sailboat. I especially like the red, white and blue twine - July 4th is coming soon!

velta said...

Grace ~ She is adorable...made me think of the 4th of July when I first saw the colors and the twine...just lovely...have a great weekend :)

Ren-Yi said...

i love that three-colored twine, it compliments frieda just so perfectly - really adore the pattern paper too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Darling!! I just love this sweet Freida!! Your coloring and design is amazing!! Love the little boat!!
hugs,
Chris