Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Layers Of Color Gift Set

LOC-gc-set

Hello everyone! Today I'm happy to share a Layers of Color gift set I made! I used the Victorian Frame Cling art stamp to create my frame for my card and a matching handle for my little purse gift card/ gift holder. The image itself is colored with Copics and cut out right along the outside of the stamped line. I have matted it on the card with Soft Suede card stock cut with Spellbinder's Label Fourteen, which the stamp was custom designed for. My basic card stock is Papertrey Aqua Mist, run through the Cuttlebug with the Cassie's Brocade folder, then sponged with TH Distress Ink.

LOC-gc-holder

To make the purse I cut and colored two of the Victorian Frames and cut them out, folded them in half with finished sides out and adhered together. This way both the front and back of each handle is finished off. I cut two Spellbinders Label twelve, ran through the Bug with Cassies Brocade and embossed the same as the card. I cut a strip of aqua card stock 1.5" wide by 7 3/8" long, scoring along the long edge at 1/2" and 1". Across the short side I scored at 2 1/4" in from each end, snipped in to the long score line and folded. I adhered the folded edges to the front and back of my labels twelve with tacky tape. I cut a Spellbinders Label Label Ten and cut 1.5" off from the longest point on both ends, embossed and sponged. I adhered my handles to the outside of my purse with just enough overlap to hold, then adhered the 1.5" cuts of the label ten to serve as a flap on the purse front and back, and that covers the edges of the handles. I added a Prima embellishment and Papertrey Aqua Mist ribbon.

LOC-GC-set-card

The card is very straight forward, using the same materials listed above. The sentiment is from a Verve set "Feeling Groovy". I cut off the frame with a straight edge just for interest. I spritzed everything with Glimmer Mist in gold when finished.

LOC-GC-detail

I hope you enjoyed this little project and that you might try one yourself! It was a lot of fun coming up with my own design that I thought was a unique way to use the victorian frame. If you make one please link me and let me know so I can come see yours!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Creative Stamp Friends - 2W - 2nd week - My favourite colours, DDH Challenges - Anything but a card (the bag), Happileigh Scrappin - SIO - cards with more than one fold or a box type project, Kaboodle Doodles - Distress, rip, tear, crumple, Make it Monday - Always anything goes, Scrapbookaholic - Gift bag or box,Emerald Faeries - M, 3E - Anything Goes, I Did It Creations - Anything Goes, Patties Creations - 2W, 2E, SIO, must include a stamped image - Anything but a card, Polkadoodle - Anything but a card, Totally Papercrafts - Don't be square

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I love knowing you were here!

30 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Magnificent project, Grace! Your creativity shines!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is stunning, and I am so glad you showed the photo with the gold glimmer mist. This whole project is amazing....
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

Oh My Word Grace, this is fabulous. Love how you came up with this creative idea for the purse and card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! So sweet and gorgeous my friend!! I just love your creative purse!! I hope you have a great day...stay safe!!
hugs,
Chris

Carla S. said...

These are absolutely breathtaking, Grace! Stunningly elegant and amazingly creative! I love the little purse! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sandy said...

Both the card and the purse look stunning, I saw them on Make It Monday and stopped by for a closer look
Sandy

Sandra DeFalco said...

Grace - I love your gift card holder! How clever to use a stamp to create the handles, wow!
Thanks for playing in our 'NO, NO, NO Cards' Challenge #22!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Basslady said...

amazing creations!

i love the handbad! what a fabulous inspiration!
thanx a lot!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Saints Rule! said...

Grace, this is AMAZING! I love the gold, the soothing aqua... the design... I am GIDDY with it all! Hugs to you my friend!

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Gorgeous colour. what a fabulous project. Love it.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Only By His Grace said...

Oh my gosh Grace, this is exquisite. Such a clever creation. I love it.
Hugs Maz

Beverly Bohannon said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Beverly Bohannon
http://www.classycardsnsuch.com
http://www.classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com

Davi said...

Oh my this is stunning !! I love the purse and card. The colors are so very pretty!

Jill said...

That is gorgeous Grace! Really love that vintage feel! Thanks for joining us again at Kaboodle Doodles. Jill

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous bag. I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Grace...!

thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Rushd Lady said...

Cute purse! You know how some women collect shoes? Well, my mother used to call me the bag lady cause I had so many purses!
By the way, when I get nervous, I have hoof in mouth disease and have been nailed so many times by the things I've said without thinking it through before I said it. That's why I was cut to the quick because that's been me. I try to be careful now in what I say, but sometimes things come across that somebody takes wrong and I didn't mean it that way. I just hope that you and others understood that when I commented under your devotion. I felt like God want me to do it as an act of kindness.
Well, I didn't mean to write my life's story here. Thank you for leaving me a sweet message on my blog. Blessings and have a great Memorial weekend!

Michelle said...

Hi Grace

Oh my, wow, what an absolutely stunning set.

Love the embossing.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

lin_ka1 said...

Very nice looking set. Colors simply phenomenal

**Farrah** said...

What an outstandingly beautiful set. Excellent choice of colours and so well put together.
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.
Farrah

Anonymous said...

very cute combination! i love that vintage look!

Shirley said...

Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, and what a keeper! The receiver will be delighted!

Wuzimädi said...

Just a wonderful projekt, not only the colours but also your elegant style!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative stamp Friends,
Michi

Viv said...

Beautiful project! Gorgeous colours and love the gold glimmermist!
Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie garden! Viv :)

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you entered it over at Scrapbookaholic By Abby so I got the chance to see it :)

Saskia said...

Gorgeous gift set! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Stephanie said...

Oh this is awesome. Thanks for playing at DDH.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Gasp!!! this is the most gorgeous color combo! Love the inked embossing and such a cool design! you ROCK!! Love and hugs, Angie

Sandra DeFalco said...

Grace - Congrats on your win of 3 images in Challenge #22 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in to email Pattie with your image choices.
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Sandra DeFalco said...

I forgot to mention to grab your 'I Won Badge', it's a pink one.
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations