Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Christian Papercrafts!

CPCBD-SNS-Mercies

Tonight I wanted to play along with Christian Papercrafts Magazine as they celebrate their second birthday! This card was for today's Sketch Challenge. I used a base of Bazzill, and Webster's Pages for my dp. It is from the Hollywood/Wonderfall pack. I was thrilled to have been asked to Guest Design this month for Sweet 'N Sassy so I decided to use one of the fabulous Digi sets I bought there! This set is also available in stamps, but the digi worked great for me! It is called "The New Creature" set. I printed out both the butterfly and sentiment and cut with a Spellbinders Classic Circle. I colored the butterfly with Copics: Y19, BG18, YR23, E35, #27, and then I went over the entire image with a Spica Gold Pen. I then cut it out and mounted it on a panel I had embossed with a SU! ef and sponged with T Holtz distress ink.

CPCBD-SNS-Mercies-detail

The sketch is very CAS so it went together VERY quickly but I like it! I had fun playing along! I hope you might want to play along too and wish CPM a happy Birthday! Follow the link in the blinkie in my side bar!

I also wanted to share a card I made for yesterday's Birthday Card challenge... this one uses a wonderful set from my DT sister, Lisa's new store, The Craft's Meow. This is a TCM exclusive, designed by Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps, and it's called TCM Friend of Mine. Isn't this set fabulous?


CPCBD-CM-ST

I made this card for the inspiration challenge at the Shabby Tearoom this week so I used the colors from the inspiration photo. The base is Craft, then a mat of Brocade Blue and the white is from the Rubber Cafe, their Pugnacious Signature Paper. I won it in a challenge and it's very nice to work with! I inked the negative side of my CB EF with Brocade Blue ink and embossed. I used a sheer ribbon from Michael's. Another CAS card but wow can I get a lot more done when I do CAS! LOL! The inside of this card has a Birthday sentiment with my birthday wishes for Christian Papercrafts! Why don't you join in? There will be some great prizes! There's one more day to play so you still have time!



I am also entering these cards in the following challenges:
A Spoonful Of Sugar - White + One Colour (Card 2)
Claudia & Co - Butterflies (Both cards)
Clear It Out! - Ribbon/Trim (Both cards)
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique - Winged Things
Top Tip Tuesday - Open challenge - anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday - A Card using Something older than 6mths and something newer than 6mths (Both cards us older card stock but newer stamps)
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - Something beginning with C (Both Cards - Cuttlebug folder)
Lexi's Creations - Friendship (card 2)
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Paper Playtime - 2W - Friends (card 2)
Pollycraft - SIO - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Lace or Ribbon
Creative Inspirations - use a Digi (card 1)


44 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, my jaw drops when I see your handiwork! You really do give praise & glory to the Lord with your talent. Amazing! I love both these cards.

Anonymous said...

Those colors are lovely, deep shades and the butterfly looks so realistic. Gorgeous card!

Blessings, Lori m

Unknown said...

wow both cards are stunning!!!
Thank you so much for playing with Clear it out this week :)

Rachel B said...

Everything about both of these cards are amazing! I love the first one the most with that DP and butterfly! Great ribbon too! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out.

Larisa said...

The first card is amazing so much!))

Elizabeth said...

Grace, these are fabulous! These may be CAS, but they have great visual texture as well as dimension. I think I'm catching on to your secret. Mat, Mat, Mat!! Very inspiring!

Eseniya said...

Какая красота!!! Великолепные открытки!!! ))

Lisa Jane said...

wow Beautiful cards - love the butterflies . The papers on the first card are stunning
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize

Lisa said...

Two absolutely stunning cards!!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

pinky said...

Wow Grace I spotted your card over at Make it Monday and just had to come and see it. Stunning creations and very uplifting sentiments:)

Leanne said...

OMGosh I'm speechless - your blue butterfly card is amazing!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Carla S. said...

Both of your cards are absolutely stunning, Grace! Wonderful, wonderful designs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both so beautiful Grace!! Love the layout and designs!! The first is so colorful and bright and the second is gorgeous with the blue and white, reminds me of delft from Holland.
hugs,
Chris

Jonia said...

Oh my goodness! Two beautiful cards and so much detail on each one. Thanks for joining us on our blog hop at CPC.

Paddington fan said...

Loving the CAS blue butterflies - very stylish and striking!! Thanks for joining our Friendship challenge over at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck, love Jacky x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning cards Grace!!! I love them both :-)Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room! :-)

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Grace, such pretty colours and added detail on both! Thank you for joining in the Cupcake fun this week and good luck! :) Donna x

Hellma said...

These cards are so wonderful

Poppit said...

Beautiful cards, I love the design of the first especially. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

Faye said...

What fabby cards. I love your C element. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. x

Elaine Stark said...

Both your cards are stunning. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Lori said...

Both card are spectacular! The blue/white looks like a tile. The butterflies look as though they are flying off the page, sweet. The butterfly on the yellow/green is amazing! The dp you've used is just perfect for the image and sentiment.

velta said...

Oh Grace...Both cards are absolutely stunning...love the butterflies!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are gorgeous Grace. i adore that butterfly!

Debs said...

WOW I saw your blue butterfly card on Make it Monday and just had to pop by to say I love it!
The embossing and inking are stunning and I adore butterflies!
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Davi said...

Wow Grace these are both sooo BEAUTIFUL!! I especially love the first one:) blessings

Jan Marie said...

These are both so beautiful, Grace! Thank you so much for playing along and for wishing Christian Paper Crafts a Happy Birthday with your beautiful cards! They are both so striking, yet so different. Lovely work! Blessings!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace these are two beautiful cards but the one that blew me away is the blue one - that is AMAZING!!
Blessings
Maxine

Neil said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the butterfly on the top card, and all the lovely layering. Thanks for entering Try it on Tuesday

Natalie said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! LOVE what the gold Spica pen did over the Copics on the butterfly, be still my heart ;-) Wow!! Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace
These are such wonderful creations! Thank you so much for participating in the Lexi's Creations Friendship Challenge with it.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Card,Thanks for playing along with A Spoon full of sugar this week,Hugs Debbie x

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning cards Grace! Such beautiful papers with the cute squirrel on your first card and just love the inked embossing, saw your card over at Make It Monday, just had to pop over and take a closer look, take careX:)

Becky said...

Girl, you have been busy since I last came through here :).
This is just stunning! I love the embossing and the colors you used.

Kathleen said...

love the blue and white card. love the inking and embossing effect.
saw this over on the Make It Monday challenge.
kathleen mc xx

Michelle said...

Oh Grace, two absolutely stunning cards!

The butterflies are beautiful.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow!!! Stunning cards. I do love the blue butterflies. They jumped out at me over at claudia n company challenge. I just had to take a peak. I am so glad i did as this card is truly inspirational Thanks for sharing
Julie

PatR said...

Two amazing cards Grace both so beautiful in different ways. Thank you so much for including them in the TioT challenge this week. xx

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards.Love the colours and your beautifully coloured butterfly on the top one.Your second is very elegant.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Sandy G said...

I saw your card over at Make it Monday. This card is Simple lovely, love the embossed background it's very effective.

Miranda said...

such pretty cards Grace, with lovely details
thanks for playing along in The Stamping Boutique challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Grace, I love all your cards they are so inspiring! This one is stunning, wow :)

Would you be interested in making a sample card for our Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge in the future? You can contact me at gonestampin(at)gamil(dot)com
Thank you! Jan

Anonymous said...

Your posted blue color clear card looking fantastic!!!
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card printing
Plastic Business Cards

Anonymous said...

That's my goodness,i see your handiwork !You really do give pries and glory to the lord with you telnet .....Amazing !
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card