Monday, February 25, 2013

A Sneaky Peek and Believe it or not, a Single Layer!

Hello friends!  I hope your weekend was simply wonderful and that your week is off to a great start! Today I am sharing a little sneak peek at one tiny little image and a verse from one of the MANY new sets coming your way Mar. 1 at Our Daily Bread designs!  I played in today's Clean and Simple Challenge on SCS, which was to choose one of Ceals fabulous designs and case it.  Well, Ceal is a very talented CAS designer, and I can never get CAS to look good, at least to my eye, so I challenged myself to try a single layer card, and chose this card to case.

I wanted to use this little egg image from a new set called Happy Spring, but I paper pieced it just for the fun of it.  I also used the ODBD custom fence die on a scrap of brown card stock.  The patterned papers I used are from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy.  I love this verse It's at the very heart of who we are in Christ, so I was very excited to see it in this new set!

I also played in the following challengs:
 Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Paper Piecing, Stamp and Create -  Spring, Paper Playtime - Use a Sentiment Stamp, The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge -Anything Goes,
Whoopsi Daisy -  Add a Sentiment,



This card came together very quickly (for me) so I'm glad I took the challenge to do a single layer card!  Not saying it's ever going to be "my style", but it's good to stretch yourself and learn new things!

I hope your week is filled with blessings from above, and I do hope you won't miss the release on Mar 1!  There are sooooooo many new and very fun things coming your way... you won't want to miss them!!!

See you then!

10 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh, so, sweet, Grace! I'm glad to see more of the simpler cards out here in blogland, as I live in an area where there is just no place to shop! I can look at the cards with less layers, and think how I could use the inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing, love the card!!!

golf_meg said...

Such a pretty and inspiring card. from Martha

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very pretty but all that fussy cutting should count as layers

Unknown said...

This is so adorable.
I love the music as well.

I am so in love with those eggs lol
We are so pleased to have you this week.
I love your Design. I love the colors and the image is so cute.

we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner

Alljazzed2create said...

What a great card. thanks so much for joining us over at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Pam DT

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, love the paper pieced eggs, cute designs and great verse!

Adrienne Crist said...

Amen and Amen to that Word! Love the paper piecing and that sweet picket fence! Thanks for sharing with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!
Blessings,
Adrienne

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
Sheri~TPE DT

Jan said...

Super card thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

Karen said...

Enjoyed the music while visiting your blog. Love the paper piecing on the Easter Eggs and that picket fence behind it. Great card, thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week.