Monday, February 18, 2013

The Lord is My Shepherd


Hello friends!

Today I have a card I made for today's TLC on SCS.  We were to use Washi Tape, or make our own using the instructions given in the Resource section so since I don't have any washi tape, I made my own.

My focal image is this month's ODBD The Shepherd set, as is the sentiment and the shepherds staff.  I stamped the lamb image with Memento ink and colored with Copics.  I cut with SB Classic Circles Sm and matted with Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails oval (the inside die) and then the CL Italian Flourish Doily.  My sentiment is cut with a McGill tag punch, and the white doily mat is punched with an MS around the page punch.  The dp is Martha Stewart.  The gingham ribbon is my only embellishment besides the faux washi tape, which I made by stamping the ODBD Vine Background with White Craft Ink and heat embossing, then cutting along the lines of the pattern formed with the bg.  I sponged just a little for better demarkation. 

I love this sweet set, not only for Easter, but for many other things from a sweet baby card to a card of encouragement with this wonderful Ps.  It makes a beautiful Spring card.... so many possibilities and so little time!  LOL!

I hope your week is off to a great start and may God fill it with many blessings!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I do love knowing you were here!!!

7 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the pretty spring colors and the wonderful image and verse! Beautiful diecuts!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the springy green and the sweet Lamb!! Such a darling Easter card!! You aced the challenge...I saw it and said I don't have the Washi tame for it so I will pass. Love what you did with it!! Great use of the Vine Background!!
hugs,
Chris

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Grace - love your 'home made' washi tape - it makes for a perfectly co-ordinating accent.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

so very sweet, pretty soft coloring and love all the layering of the punches and dies!

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this is very sweet! The color palette is so calm and peaceful and you did a lovely job creating your washi substitute.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love your colors,and your stamp set...