Monday, April 14, 2014

A Precious Gift from God!


 Hello friends!  I hope all is well with you all!!!

Today I want to share a card I made a couple weeks ago but just have not had time to share with you here!  This was to honor fellow SCS stamper, and uber talented Loll!  I used the SU! Fifth Ave. flower and the sentiment is from Su! Refuge and Strength.  I just love this big rose image and I had a lot of fun coloring it! 

I stamped the rose on watercolor paper and watercolored with SU! markers and an aqua brush.  After coloring it, I spritzed it lightly with my water mister, then I added some rain drops (as in the Sound of Music... raindrops on roses.... these are a few of my favorite things!) by adding drops of Crystal Effects.  The leaves are the ODBD Zinnia and Leaves Die and I curled them over my piercer to give some dimension.  The flower and leaves are both popped up with dimensionals.

I kept it CAS because that is how Loll stamps.  I am trying to get more comfortable with the CAS style, but when you see her work, you are definitely inspired to try it.  In actuality, I like to try all styles and am really trying NOT to get stuck in just one style.  I'm stretching and trying to reach in to some not so comfortable zones.

The thought occured to me that we need to do the same thing in our own lives.  Are there areas of your life in which  you would love to try to grow?  Often, our fears of the unknown, or stepping out of our comfort zone will keep us from ever taking that leap and stretching to new heights.  This is also true of our spiritual lives!  Is there something God is telling you He'd like you to do... but you're afraid?   

Today's Blessing:
 Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is an absolutely stunning card, not only is it a perfect CAS card, but the execution is perfect. Love it!
Blessings
Maxine

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous, Grace!

Irish Cherokee said...

It doesn't surprise me that you would create something beautiful as this crad. Even in simplicity there is elegance unparalleled. CAS is a special talent and it appears you have mastered it.

Blessings.

CherylQuilts said...

Stunning, Grace, and I agree with Irish Cherokee! No surprise you could do a simple and so elegant card like this! It's exquisite! Hugs, sweet friend!!

gltinnola said...

Absolutely beautiful!!