Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Sneak Peek!


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!

I am popping in to share a quick sneak peek at a few new goodies being released by Our Daily Bread designs on May 1st!  This card was made today for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge.  I used 2 new stamp sets, Sheltering Angel (an old Irish Blessing) and Holy Angels (the wings).  The design paper in the background is from a gorgeous new set of ODBD exclusive dp... Rustic Beauty Paper Collection, and the die I used to cut out the sentiment is a new die set, Vintage Labels, which coordinates perfectly with April's Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies.  I also used a past die release, Quatrefoil Design (for the pink panel in the upper right corner).  I used a base of craft, the rustic beauty design paper, and some ivory card stock,which I cut with a Spellbinders Label 23 and then embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I ran my Distress ink pad over the embossed areas for the added green.  I also stamped the angel wings in VersaMark behind the sentiment, then lightly sponged with chalk pastels in both pink and lavender.  I sponge distressed all the layers with Distress ink and added a wrinkled seam binding and Wild Orchid flower. 

Our area is bracing for some pretty rough weather over the next couple days.  I hope you and yours are safely sheltered in... and that our Lord keeps you all safe if you are in the path of these storms!

Hope to see you back here Thursday, when the entire design team will be sharing some amazing creations with the May sets!

Blessings,


  


7 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Beauty of a Victorian style card Grace. It really conveys the message well and in a soft comforting manner.

Blessings
Jim

Carla S. said...

Really gorgeous card, Grace! Wonderfully-designed! Hope you stay safe with the upcoming storms. It was pretty scary around here last night!

Only By His Grace said...

Hello Grace!
your card is beautiful. Gorgeous design with the lovely dies. I love the Irish blessing sentiment with the angel wings in the background. The ribbon looks gorgeous.
I pray you stay safe in the storms. We have seen some horrific scenes here in Australia.
God bless Maz

Becky said...

Your card is gorgeous Grace. Love the ribbon and flower.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is beautiful - love the colours and the image behind the sentiment.
Praying that you stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace! This gorgeous, and I just LOVE how you've arranged all the beautiful elements to showcase this sweet Irish blessing! The colors are so beautiful too! Such a wonderful card! I love it, sweet friend! Hugs!

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely vintage card Grace! And wonderful wordings too!