Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Cross, A Challege, and a Hope!


Hello all!  I hope you are all doing well!  It's been a wet couple days where I live, and I had to drive home from TN in some pouring rains... but thankfully I got home safe and sound after spending some quality grandma time! :)

Today's color challenge on SCS was to use Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette and Pistachio Pudding.  I had all those colors and used them in my card stock.  The dessert option for this challenge was NO STAMPING!  EEEks!  That was tough but I did it and will put my sentiment inside.  This actually went together very quickly with this month's gorgeous dies from ODBD.  I used the Ornamental Crosses layering a couple different ones up with dimensionals, and Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, also layering the green layer up on dimensionals upon the vanilla base.

The little flowers are from the Ornamental Cross Dies and the greenery is from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies.  

The only embellishments are the May Arts silk bow, and some Recollections bling for the flower centers.

I am entering this in this week's ODBD Shining the Light Challenge... He is Risen with pastels.

With this holy week ahead of us... let's focus our eyes on the cross, and what Jesus did for us there.  Let's thank Him for His indescribable gift, mourn for the pain  our sins caused Him to suffer,  and then let's rejoice together as we celebrate His resurrection on Sunday!  If it were not for the resurrection... we would have no hope!  But He did rise from the dead, and conquered death and paid the price for our sin so we could have a hope and a future eternally with Him in glory!  Hallelujah... what a Savior!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Grace, this is awesome...I love the softness in the colors and the little flowers on the cross are a beautiful addition.

Sillyfilly said...

Wow Grace! This is stunning!!! Easter is such a wonderous time to think what Jesus did for us. This card just conveys that. I love this card.
Have a Blessed Easter.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful framing of the cross and the flowers look lovely on it!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, first of all, I am so glad you made it home safely! And this card is absolutely stunning and one of my all-time favorites in color and design! It's a delight to see all the beautiful and fine details! I love it, my sweet friend! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beyond gorgeous - love the colour palette and your amazing attention to detail .
Blessings
Maxine

April said...

So beautiful! Happy Easter!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the addition of the three flowers and the pink and green combo!! Gorgeous layers and design my friend!! Thanks for supporting the challenge dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Alshandra said...

Stunning card Grace. Love the embossed dots, flowers and your bow is beautiful. Thanks for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.