Monday, June 9, 2014

Thank you for being my friend!



Hello again sweet friends!  I do hope you are all doing well!!!

I am having more fun with the June release from Our Daily Bread designs!   This card is created with a brand new ODBD Custom Die called Asters and Leaves.  It is absolutely AWESOME!!!  I had so much fun creating this aster and decided to give it a country feel.  I used a Baked Brown Sugar base and then some wood design paper from the ODBD Rustic Beauty Paper Collection that released a couple months ago.  I also added a lavender strip of designer paper from the ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection. Then I added a strip of loose burlap and a sentiment I stamped from the set called My Friend.  I also lightly stamped a floral image with Memento LuLu Lavender ink, from another snew set called Cherry Blossom.  I cut this with a previous release, ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tags die.  I tied it on with twine, leaving the tails a little long.  I layered up my Aster layers and added Flower Soft to the centers for some extra dimension.  I LOVE these new dies... so detailed and even the veins of the leaves show up so nicely!  While this is another fairly simple and flat card, I do like how it came out and I hope you do too.

I like this sentiment as well.  So often... we have that special friend who just means so much to us... and often we don't stop to tell them that!  This would be a great way to do just that... coupled with a special note inside that tells just how special a friend they are!

When we are blessed to have a special friend... we want to spend time with them, to keep up with them whether by phone, internet or in person.  It's sharing our experiences and learning from each other that draws us closer.

This reminds me to of the most special of friends of all... and that old hymn that tells it so well:

What a Friend We Have in Jesus
Lyrics by Joseph Scriven


1. What a friend we have in Jesus, 
 all our sins and griefs to bear! 
 What a privilege to carry 
 everything to God in prayer! 
 O what peace we often forfeit,
 O what needless pain we bear, 
 all because we do not carry 
 everything to God in prayer. 

2. Have we trials and temptations? 
 Is there trouble anywhere? 
 We should never be discouraged; 
 take it to the Lord in prayer. 
 Can we find a friend so faithful 
 who will all our sorrows share? 
 Jesus knows our every weakness; 
 take it to the Lord in prayer. 

3. Are we weak and heavy laden, 
 cumbered with a load of care? 
 Precious Savior, still our refuge; 
 take it to the Lord in prayer. 
 Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? 
 Take it to the Lord in prayer! 
 In his arms he'll take and shield thee; 
 thou wilt find a solace there.


I have also entered this card for this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Blessings,


7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is fabulous - love the colours you have incorporated in the background, and then bought forward into the flowers, and the fabulous texture you have added with the burlap.
Blessings
Maxine

Shirley said...

Wow, I love that flower. Your colors are wonderful and the DP BG is awesome to show off your images and sentiment too!

JD/ Jill said...

This beautiful card is so well done. Really like the look of those flowers...another die for on my wish list.
Thank you for stopping by my blog...and leaving your lovely comments...Your visits always bring such joy to my heart...Blessings, Jill

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is gorgeous. I love the new flower die too, it is on my wish list :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

A very beautiful card Grace. I remember that hymn lovingly. Our church has moved from singing all my beloved hymns to the more modern Songs of Praise and Worship, and while they're upbeat, I sure miss the hymns of old. I love the background paper, I've got to make a visit to Our Daily Bread.

Irish Cherokee said...

Loving this card Grace. Love the papers, burlap and the flower.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Grace!! I love every detail from your aster to the added burlap, cherry blossom, and wood panel background.
hugs,
Chris