Thursday, June 12, 2014

With Thoughts of You and a Small Favor Please?





Hello friends!  I hope you have been enjoying a wonderful week!

I have a card to share with you that's a little different than my usual style.  As you know if you read my posts, I have been working on simplifying and "flattening" my cards, or at least some of them.  There will of course be those times when I just have to get my flowers and ribbons on!!! :)  However today, I'm using this month's ODBD new release with Cherry Blosom (for the floral image) and Rose Bouquet for the sentiment.  I also used a past release, Honeycomb mini which I embossed in gold fine detail embossing powder, as I did with the cherry blossoms.  I did this on watercolor paper.  I watercolored the cherry blossoms lightly and hand cut the branch.  I added one flourish from ODBD's Fancy Foliage Die set, and I added some sparkle to that with some gold Stickles and a Spica Glitter pen in gold. I also added one small corner die from the ODBD Custom Decorative Corners die set.   I used a Martha Stewart punch for the little butterflies, punching from a scrap of yellow parchment paper, and added gold stickles to them.  The base of this card is Soft Sky, followed with a layer of brushed gold from my stash.  I don't remember the make on it but it's shimmery without knocking you over with bright gold.  I love it and have used it a lot!  I hope I can find it again as I'm almost out.  So that's about it for this pretty simple card... flat, mailable but still a little elegance and shimmer to make you smile.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday: Challenge#136-Anything Goes
Bloggers Challenge : Flowers


Please indulge me for just a minute! 

As many of you know, I recently had a big problem with Feedburner, losing over 800 email subscribers.  I made several changes to my blog and got a new email server.  I have several options open to me and I need your input to know how to plan for future posts, content and means for people to follow this blog.  Whether you subscribe via email or some other means, or whether you just stop in occasionally... I'd really appreciate your input!


I have placed a survey with  4 short questions in my side bar.  I would TRULY appreciate it if you ALL would take a minute to  fill that out for my information and future planning for this blog.  If you are reading this via email, simply click the link to the TITLE of my POST and it will bring you to my blog where the survey is.  This is completely confidential but I cherish you taking the time to respond so that I can better serve you!

Thank you ever so much, and God's richest Blessings to you,




10 comments:

Pamela Haskin said...

Hi Grace,
Such a lovely card! Love all the heat-embossing. I am a big fan of heat-embossing. It used to be I rarely ever made a card without it. And, I like your use of watercolor paper. Until today I have not used it on my cards. But, I spent this afternoon watercoloring on some papers to use as backgrounds and punched flowers. I think your heat-embossing on the paper has given me lots of ideas.

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful Card Grace. Love your water coloring. Started testing my skills with water colors. It has been a lot of years. Have not forgotten but am rusty.

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely stamping and coloring, great design, love the glitter on the flourish, pretty touch!

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Grace! The gold shimmer adds just the right touch of elegance! What a perfect balance of design elements! I'm always inspired by your creativity! Hugs, my friend!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! I know what you mean by trying to make your cards flatter...Me too...smile...Of course, a good part of it is the postage...but I'm also finding that no matter how much I try to protect my cards they often don't get received in the same condition that I mailed them.

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful card Grace - love the gold embossed honeycomb background - it adds an incredible depth to the design.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Beautiful card Grace. Pretty embossing and the flowers and die cuts look so gorgeous:).

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Grace. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Your talents are many, and it means SO much that you take the time to link up in our challenges.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the embossing, the hive background, and the flowers!! Stunning work as always, my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty Grace, love the added gold embossing of the Honeycomb Mini! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!