Friday, June 20, 2014

Taking a Look Back...


Our Daily Bread designs Stamps: Smell the Roses, Cherry Blossom, Vintage Pattern Mini 1,ODBD Custom dies,  designed by Grace Nywening

Today we're taking a look back at the June ODBD release.  To see all the creations the DT has created, you can see them all together on the ODBD blog.

For my card, I used Smell the Roses for my image, which is stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copics and hand cut.  I used the Cherry Blossom set for my sentiment, and cut that with a die from the ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern Die.  I also used a past release: Vintage Pattern Mini 1, which I stamped with Wisteria Wonder ink  and cut with the ODBD Custom Vintage Labels Dies.  The designer paper is from the ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection, and is cut with the ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern die.  Behind the designer paper die cut I added 2 white corner dies from the ODBD Custom Decorative Corner dies.  The base of the card is Pistachio Pudding.  I used foam  tape to pop up just about all the layers.  The gold cording is my only embellishment because I wanted the image and dies to take center stage.  My rose looks blusih in the photo but in reality, it's purple and blends perfectly with the designer paper.

To recap... here are the new sets I used today:


G569 - SMELL THE ROSES


G558 - CHERRY BLOSSOM

Here are the past release ODBD products I used:

 CHRISTIAN FAITH COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PADCSBD39 - DECORATIVE CORNERS DIESCSBD55 - VINTAGE LABEL DIESCSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIESF502- VINTAGE PATTERN MINI 1


Please visit my DT Sisters to see all the wonderful creations they have made for you today:

 Grace(me) * Sandee * Stacy * Dawn * Lori * Cathy * Julie * Sabrina * Wanda *Chris

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments, which always make my day!!!

Blessings, 

11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card! I love your color combination with the gorgeous rose! And the layers are beautiful with the gold cord as a lovely finishing touch! So elegant! Hugs, sweet friend!

Cathymac said...

How gorgeous, Grace! Love the layering of the dies and your stunning colors! Those roses are so beautiful and real looking I can almost smell them, and the gold cording adds such elegance to an already beautiful card! Masterful creation, my friend! Hugs!

Dawn said...

drop dead gorgeous, Grace! love the colors!!

Pamela Haskin said...

Grace, this is a lovely card! Love the color of the roses. The gold cord really makes your card so elegant. Your pistachio cardstock is great - one of my favorite colors to work with.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is lovely Grace - love how you have layered the corner dies underneath the full die, and used patterned paper for your main panel.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

What a gorgeous card! Grace. Lovely coloring!

Carla S. said...

Very elegant and gorgeous card, Grace. I love the colors and beautiful diecuts! Lovely flowers, too! Hugs!

Irish Cherokee said...

Just gorgeous Grace. Blue roses are my favorites next to salmon.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring of the flowers, lovely background for them and love the cording, great touch to it

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how royal and beautiful Grace!! I just love the blue and your addition with the cording and the die cut!! Stunning work as always my friend!! I am in awe of your talent and creations!!
hugs,
Chris

MaryH said...

Hi Grace, just saw your link at another blog, and realized I had not visited here for a while. What a lovely treat to see this magnificent rose card. At first I thought that was the S/B die that I love but then saw it was a special ODBD die. (one I don't have!) It made such a lovely background for the fabulous rose, which you have colored so beautifully. This is such an elegant and rich card, it is sure to bring much joy to the recipient. I see you are in NC; I'm in Upstate SC. Looked for a place to join as a new follower but I'm not seeing it. TFS such inspiration this afternoon, and Happy Sunday