Monday, June 16, 2014

His Mercies are new every morning!

ODBD stamps: Rose Mini, Glory, ODBD Fancy Foliage Die, ODBD Beautiful Border die,designed by Grace Nywening

 Hello friends! 

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend!  We had some great family time planned, with some boating/water sports on the lake.  However, the boys ended up doing that while my daughter and I  spent some unexpected time at urgent care with my granddaughter, who  had been having severe neck pain for a couple days, but yesterday she started complaining of ringing in her ears and dizziness too.   She is staying with me this week and it wasn't the best way to start the week off, but prayerfully, she will be feeling better soon!  Anyhow... I made a card early this morning while she was still sleeping.  I wanted to play in the Clean and Simple challenge on SCS, and this is what I came up with.

I used this month's release, Rose, and last month's release, Glory.  I stamped the image with Memento and colored with Copics.  I cut out the trio of roses and popped them up just a bit on thin foam tape.  I also tucked in a few sprigs of greenery from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage die set, and the border at the bottom is from the ODBD Custom Beautiful Border dies

The designer paper is ODBD Blushing Rose Paper Collection.  I love this pack!!!  The embossing folder is Embossalicious and is 6x6".  I love the partial embossing... it leaves room for a stamped sentiment but still gives dimension.  The only embellishment is my May Arts silk bow. 

I love this verse!  It's such a beautiful reminder of God's love and mercy for us!  Even when we have messed up badly... He loves us! He is a loving, gracious and merciful God... and He desires for us to have a relationship with Him, to delight ourselves in Him, and to find Him to be our all sufficient one!  What more refreshing feeling can there be than to feel His loving mercies new every morning! 

I did want to mention that ODBD and NCC are having a shipping special until June 20th.  Please read about it HERE

I am entering this in this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge, which is always anything goes with a Scripture or encouraging sentiment, or the free word art given each week,

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

17 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Beautiful card, and I love that scripture too. Hope things are better for your granddaughter. I will keep her in my prayers.

Pamela Haskin said...

Hi Grace,
This is a lovely card. I really like the embossed white panel. Hoping and praying your granddaughter is feeling better and the two of you have a wonderful week together. There is nothing quite like the time you get with Grandma.

Sherry said...

gorgeous!! what folder did u use

Dawn B. said...

Grace I hope she is okay. I will keep her in my prayers. Those are some scary symptoms. Your card is beautiful. Blogger is eating comments so I will keep this short. Have a wonderful time with your company.

Grace said...

Thanks all! Lauren is still in a lot of pain but I think she's a little better tonight.

Sherry the embossing folder is Embossalicious.

Sherry said...

who makes that folder?

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is just so elegant. Love the dp and love that embossing.

Grace said...

Sherry I just Googled Embossalicious embossing folders and it looks like they are made by Crafter's Companion. All the folder itself says is Embossalicious. Try a Google search and you will find them in many places including Amazon. Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Grace, The notched ribbon ends make such a difference in the look of any bow. This vivid color contrasts on the embossed white is dramatic. This is so creative, especially the color combo and layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, the coloring of the flowers are lovely and I like how you finished off the card with the border die

JD/ Jill said...

Such a pretty card. I especially like how you did the border at the bottom of the card.
I see you commented that your granddaughter is doing better...so good to hear...will continue to keep her in prayer.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Grace - love the embossing, set off so beautifully by the red roses and ribbon.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful embossing! Grace, will keep her in my prayers.

Becky said...

Grace, this is so beautiful! Perfect verse with a perfect background.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love your "simple" cards Grace. This one is just stunning elegance. Love the flowers and bow.

Blogger is driving me nuts. How do you like your new site? I'm thinking of jumping ship.

Irish Cherokee said...

I entered your granddaughter into my "One Day At A Time" prayer book and will keep her in prayer.

Blessings
Jim

MaryH said...

Hi Grace, I did find the followers list and joined! I think I stumbled into the Networked blogs too, but do not know exactly how that one works! Prayers for your granddtr's complete & speedy recovery. Hope that she is all better now. Another lovely rose (my favorite of all stamps I think). ODBD has such amazing designs, and you've used this one so beautifully too. I'm hoping ODBD will be at the Heirloom convention in Lawrenceville, GA next month. If they are, I shall certainly be looking for this rose set. Beautiful embossing to compliment your gorgeous image too. TFS & thanks for becoming a new follower. I'm pleased that you liked my card, and especially so, after seeing the marvelous work that you do! I'm just an amateur! Hugs